“Great Place down the road from Woodstock town!!!”
Review of Braeside Lodging

Braeside Lodging
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay! Clean, comfortable, close to town, quiet, and cosy! What more can you ask for? If you don't want to pay the expensive price of the hotels and motels right in town this motel is right down the street and overlooks gorgeous rolling hills with cattle grazing. A great place to stay if just crashing for the night or the week! Down the road from Quechee which has some quaint stores and restaurants. Rooms are quiet and clean. It is a little older but nicely kept. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Braeside Lodging

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We just spent a night arriving late and unplanned. We were welcomed warmly and spent a very comfortable night with excellent Queen beds, good shower, excellent coffee and good widescreen television.

Excellent location just outside the pretty Woodstock with enough restaurants for dinner and breakfast to keep anybody happy.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2012

i read the review previously - regarding the booking proces...i could not disagree more.
the owners of this quaint motel could not have been any nicer to deal with. all rules/rates are clearly stated. my husband and i stayed in a beautiful king room (we were told they were recently done over, which clearly shows!). the location is great, the room was great, and the owners were so helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My fiance' and I stayed at the Braeside last week and found it to be Exactly what we wanted & Needed. The rooms were spotless and had all the little "necessities" (Keurig coffee maker, flat screen TV, wi-fi, etc.). The King-size bed was Incredibly comfortable, and this from a couple with sleep "issues". The couple that own & operate the Braeside are just so friendly and helpful....it was comfy, cozy and and a quiet "homey" escape! Right down the road from downtown Woodstock, and, in the other direction, minutes from Quechee Gorge. We will Most Certainly be Back!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tinkerbellfox
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I did not stay at the Braeside because I couldn't get past the booking process which, in my opinion, was ridiculous. I made a verbal reservation but told the owner I would get back to her that evening to confirm since she explained that there would be a $25 cancellation fee per room should I cancel, and no refund at all of one full night charges if I cancelled within 15 days of the booking date. The same day, in the evening, I left her a message to book the 2 rooms, but got no response from her. The next morning I sent a email stating I left a message the prior evening to book the rooms and, again, asked her to book 2 rooms. Once more, no response to my email from the owner. Later that afternoon, after hearing nothing as to a comfirmed booking, I emailed the owner and told her any reservations she was holding should be cancelled. I assumed, since I didn't hear from her, the rooms were no longer available and made a booking elsewhere. Now, I received a response!!! She stated that I had a confirmed booking when I left the phone message and she charged my credit card for one full night for each of the rooms. She said she sent a booking confirmation via email that evening, which I did not receive, and tried to tell me the computer fire wall or spam interfered, which it did not --- all email correspondence between us was sent and received with no problem, from the point of my cancellation email.. I asked her to forward the confirmations from her sent folder that she said she sent that evening. . Again, no response from her. Instead I received two confirmations a few hours after I told her to not to hold any reservations!. These confirmations stated that you can only cancel by US Mail --- how ridiculous!!! I send a letter to cancel these bookings, which should not have been made in the first place, since I received them hours after I sent the cancellation email. She reversed the credit card charges less $50.00 as a cancellation penalty. My credit card company tried calling her to discuss the charges and she hung up on them!!! It is the responsibility of the hotel or motel to send a confirmation of a booking. In many years of travel planning throughout the world, I've always received a booking number via phone or an email confirmation whenever I've made a reservation. I shouldn't have to review my credit card charges to find out that I have a booking!!! If I hadn't emailed her to cancel the reservation she was holding, I would have been charged for two full nights,since I was totally unaware of the booking and would have been treated as a "no show". None of this would have happened if she had the courtesy to return my phone call, or at the very least , respond to my email request for a booking confirmation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank frankvickib
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived very late to this quaint motel and there was a note on the door for us and the lights on with towels on the bed waiting. It was very clean, nicely appointed and comfortable. The owners were very nice and gave us a great breakfast recommendation. I would definitely recommend this motel and it is a great, affordable accommodation just outside of Woodstock.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We found the Braeside Motel in Woodstock Vermont in our AAA tour book. When we called and asked for AAA rates The owner stated they didn't do AAA rates as they felt they offered the lowest rate. I am not sure the $139 rate we had to pay for this room was worth it and obviously if they don't offer a AAA rate they should not be included in the AAA tour book. Room was clean and ok but nothing special.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Sleep Woodstock Motel
Kedron Valley Inn
#5 of 6 in Woodstock
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
The Shire Woodstock
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Braeside Lodging? Share your experiences!