“Going away unsatisfied”

Mon Vert Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Woodstock
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Syracuse, New York
“Going away unsatisfied”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Did not have the best experience during my visit. The place felt disconnected and my coffee was bitter. Maybe it was an off day for the cafe but sitting in uncomfortable seats and eating a skimpy sandwich is not my idea of a relaxing holiday. Had breakfast at the place down the street the next day, and let me tell you, it was a whole different experience.

Mansfield, Massachusetts
“delicious local food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A little pricey but the food is made with natural local ingredients and was delicious. I had a panini which was delicious and the chicken was so tender, Nice to be able to sit outside to eat as well.

Visited August 2012
Woodstock, Vermont
“best chai around... and great lunches too”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Love stopping in the eat here! they have great chia (not from a concentrate) and I always get the cobb salad which is delicious. Great local ingredients and great people.

Woodstock, Vermont
“not great”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I'm not a coffee drinker so maybe I missed something here but I did not enjoy my eating experience at this cafe. We ate outside and the seats were very uncomfortable -- I sat on a shared straight bench for two at a small round table so you couldn't cosy up to the table properly. The lunch selection wasn't anything I wanted. Usually there are lots of sandwiches and salads at a typical cafe that look good but I really struggled to make a selection. Ended up with the Parisian because I like Black Forest Ham but it was very skimpy on the portions and the Red Hen roll or whatever it was was hard as a rock. I thought I would undo my jaw hinge biting into this thing. The other selections were too fancy for my taste -- too many odd combinations and nothing like a normal sandwich. Wasn't made to feel very welcome either although the server seemed to know my companions to the exclusion of me and my husband. Don't think I'll go back.

1 Thank 1woodstock
San Diego, California
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Good organic ingredients and great place for a light breakfast or lunch. I go here every time I am in Woodstock. So many healthy options and great pastries too! Definately worth a try. Love the egg sandwich with avocado and tomato.

Visited July 2012