“Under promised and over delivered- by a mile”
Review of Kedron Valley Inn

and 1 more site!
Kedron Valley Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We would have booked more rooms had salemenship been employed by the receptionst over the phone...We booked only 1 night and regretted it. We had 3 meals at the Tavern- An Evening, breakfast and lunch and was blown away! The chef's have an amazing handle for local sourcing which I appreciate and am very willing to pay for. The newly renovated bath was squeaky clean and I couldn't believe the wood was replenished daily for the beautiful real wood burning fireplace. (complete with idiot proof directions) Woodstock was charming for a get away and close, Mt. Killington was only about 30 min away and a great day trip and perfect for us to not get caught up in the madness of local ski resorts. Snow mobiles were close and convenient to rent. In all, we were truly impressed. We had no clue we would get the room size, service, food and drinks on site and history all in one place. The staff really over delivered on every metric of a great lodging experience. Coming back to the the Inn after skiing- was a blessing. Checking out the next morning, depressing...

Room Tip: We only slept in one room so really have no comparison but enjoyed being in a building built in 1822...
2  Thank Rob M

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The inn is a lovely historic building on the old stage coach route. The area is rural and beautiful; very quiet. Might not appeal to those who want to be more central to Woodstock - but great for us. Nice big room with breakfast included.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Deluxe Lodge Suite in mid-February. We enjoyed the stay from the moment we checked in to reluctantly checking out. The staff was very courteous and kind. We stayed in the Deluxe Lodge, the room was absolutely HUGE! It is great if you had two children, where you can feel comfortable sleeping on different floors. The room was very homey, did not feel like a typical hotel room. The breakfasts were to die for, the chef greats you in the room and thoroughly enjoys telling you what fabulous meals she has made. We only ate one dinner there, it was very good as well. The wait staff was excellent. The Inn was a short drive to downtown Woodstock. What a great pretty town! I highly suggest the Inn, Great Price and Great lodging!

Room Tip: Try to contact them to see if you can get the King Bed in the Deluxe if available.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have the best time here this past weekend. My girlfriend and I visited and not only is Woodstock a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, but also it is a great place to go enjoy the natural wonders like the Quechee Gorges that are a 15 minute drive from the Inn.

When we got there, we first were told that our room was changed without any prior notice. However, when we explained that we appreciate them trying to accommodate us (the room we chose was cold and had not been heated prior to our arrival), they ended up giving us the same room as we'd hoped for #17. This Room is the only place we've stayed in the place, so my experience is limited, however, it was the most beautiful room I've stayed in, in a while. We had a fireplace, two rooms, one for the bed and one for the couch and t.v. What's more is that their breakfast was top-notch: house-made sausage, maple-spiced greek yogurt, and quiche with spinach and caramelized onions

Food in Vermont is usually more natural than many other places that I've been, especially the meat, but I never expected such a nice selection of burgers, gnocchi, ravioli, squash soup, pork chops, and salmon at such a high quality of taste and affordable price. We noticed that there are few younger (20's to about 35 year-old) people that stay at the property and Woodstock in general but we found this to be a great place for us. Call us old souls but being able to have peace, quiet, great hiking and skiing possibilities and top notch draft, local beer and local food was the best way to truly vacation from the normal day to day that we have here in Boston.

If I could make any suggestions to them is to continue to promote such great Special Offers as the one they had was the best deal we found around. Truly a great value and we plan on potentially returning in the Summer!

Thank you for such a great stay and such wonderful attention to every aspect of our stay!

I will recommend to anyone and everyone I know.

Room Tip: Sorry, there is no pool I was just so excited to give a raving review for such a raving experience!
1  Thank TAAlejandro
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at KVI, I am hoping to go back sometime soon! It is a great place for people who like to explore nature and do fun activities that don't include bar hopping. The inn is in a great location, only 10 minutes to Woodstock and about 20 minutes to the Queechee gorge. There's a lot of great things to see there for a week or a weekend. The staff is very accommodating and you definatley feel like it's a home away from home.

When we got there, the inn keeper told us that our room had been changed to the tavern building next to the inn. We had done a lot of research before hand and found that a lot of people prefered the rooms in the main inn so we were a little concerned. We ended up getting to see both of the rooms and we decided that we liked our original room better-it was huge! It was also more cozy than the newly renovated one. We had a woodburning fireplace, 2 sink bath, a king bed, couch, and decent closet. We ate dinner a couple of times at the resturant inn and had a great time. My boyfriend got their burger both times and I quote, "this makes me never want to have a burger in MA again." One thing I really appriciate about this area is that just about every location uses fresh, local produce and meat. The breakfast buffet at KVI was absolutley delicious. They had sausage that they ground themselves and the quiche was melt in your mouth good. My absolute favorite was their maple greek yogurt-you cannot go wrong. The breakfast chef greeted you every morning and the tables were always nicely set and clean.

We ventured into Woodstock which is a quaint little town with a lot of shops, a few resturants and a couple bars (Bentleys is the local hang out but it is currently closed and undergoing rennovations). We were able to grab some local wine and cheese from a shop in town and most of the townspeople were very welcoming by giving us some things to do in the area when we asked. On Saturday, we went to the Queechee gorges and it was so, so beautiful! It is a must see. Because Bentley's was closed, we decided to check out the bar at the Woodstock Inn. The atmosphere was cozy and social but not too loud and the bartender was very attentive. The food was amazing and they had a good selection of beers on tap, we were very pleased! On Sunday, we traveled about 45 minutes to get to Pico mountain to ski and we had a great day.

Overall, KVI is the type of place where you are greeted professionally by the staff and at the same time can chat with them about anything. I really don't have anything negative to say-the room mix up was a little bit of a hassel and if it did not turn out so smoothly then that probably would have made me give KVI one less star. Otherwise, it was just a pleasure being there and it will not be our last time!

Room Tip: If you like something more modern, get a room in the tavern building right next to the main inn. Ot...
1  Thank Dee n
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in a Lodge Deluxe room last month and thoroughly enjoyed it from check-in to check-out. The staff were friendly and helpful, warm and welcoming. The room was very quiet, comfortable and homey; it felt like we were staying in someone's guest house as opposed to a hotel. It would have been nice to have a bench or chairs near the upstairs fireplace, but lying in bed by the fire wasn't a terrible option either. The location was great; close enough to town but a little bit off the beaten path to add to the quaintness factor. We ate breakfast in the restaurant both mornings and were blown away by the quality and care that is put into the dishes. The breakfast chef, whose name I neglected to get, was fantastic; she was very passionate about her cooking and she was also very friendly and accommodating. Dinner at the restaurant was equally delicious and our server fantastic. A great little gem for anyone who wants a quiet weekend nestled in the mountains.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here during our road trip around New England. We stayed at the kedron valley inn as it was on our route through vermont. We definitely found a gem of a B&B tucked away in the heart of vermont.

We arrived at the B&B in the evening just as it was getting dark and were welcomed by a lovely receptionist. She showed us to our room which was lovely, small and compact with a big high bed and a modern bathroom. It seemed to be on a slight slope but this just added to the charm of it. We had eaten already so didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu did look good. We instead sat at the bar and watched the football whilst being talked through it by a couple next to us (we're from the UK so don't completely understand the NFL but are learning).

Breakfast was absolutely amazing with pancakes, bacon, eggs, cereal etc in a buffet style - the chef kept popping into the breakfast room and she was lovely. As we had arrived in the dark, we hadn't seen the B&B from outside, it was a beautfully sunny morning and the building looked great, with lots of pumpkins outside. We passed through woodstock on our way up the road, it was quiet and quaint.

We would definitely recommend the Kedron Valley Inn to anyone and will definitely stay here again if we are ever around the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
Woodstock Inn and Resort
The Shire Woodstock
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Kedron Valley Inn? Share your experiences!