“Good Choice for a Light Meal”

Richardson Tavern at the Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Open Daily Bar: 5pm - Close Dinner: 5pm - 9pm (Sunday-Thursday) Dinner: 5pm - 10pm (Friday, Saturday) The essence of Vermont and flavor-driven small plates are paired with a bar featuring local craft brews and spirits at Richardson's Tavern. A relaxed atmosphere invites warm conversation and friendly company among friends and family. Dine al fresco on the porch in the warmer months or sink into the oversized lounge chairs fireside for a casual drink or meal.
Newport, Rhode Island
“Good Choice for a Light Meal”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a late lunch at Simon Pearce and wanted something light for dinner. Richardson Tavern was perfect for a cocktail and a burger. Food was quite good and perfect for what we needed

• Visited August 2012

“Surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We opted out of the very pricey Red Rooster in the same hotel and ate here instead. The menu is higher end "pub fare" with some nice twists (FRESH lobster mac and cheese), and EXCELLENT service. We were a pretty large (9 or 10) group...and a bit rowdy... and we were treated very well. Most of us had burgers and each was cooked as ordered, including mine which I asked for as "medium rare to rare" and got one that was medium rare to rare. That was a nice surprise! My partner had the lobster mac and cheese and the lobster was perfectly cooked, not overcooked. The mac and cheese could have been creamier but on balance, this was a nice "entree". The wine list is small but good and the beers are mostly local, micro-brew drafts and VERY good. A nice meal overall.

The up side: service and they let us have a really good time

The down side: NONE

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“good option for a not too spendy meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Walking in to the Woodstock Inn I was a little worried that it was too stuffy for me, but this tavern ended up being a cozy option for dinner. We got the fondue appetizer and could have shared just that, it was so much food. Then I had the crab cake sandwich which was also very yummy. My only issue was that the beer tasted like the lines were not perfectly clean, but I only had one so I couldn't be sure.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Great Service; Charming Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Our server was absolutely wonderful in that she had honest and excellent recommendations for our dinner selections. I will always ask many questions of the wait staff when I am ordering dinner. It is disappointing when I receive replies like, "Well, it depends on what you like.", etc.... That was not the case with our experience here as our waitress provided an excellent recommendation for my wife (Seafood Stew) and for me (BBQ Sandwich). She was also quite helpful in selecting one of the beers of the many local beers they have on draught.

We took time enjoying our excellent meal while enjoying the fireplace and cozy atmosphere of the Travern. Great place indeed!

• Visited April 2012
long island
“Warm, cozy dinner”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My husband and I chose to eat here because the warm setting; the fireplace roaring and wing back chairs at the two-tops looked very inviting.
We ordered the cheddar fondue to start. Who could go wrong with cheese fondue, it was tasty and accompanied by plenty of fun foods to dip.
His crabcake burger and the bread pudding for dessert were only mediocre, but we enjoyed the setting and had a lovely time nonetheless. Next time I would probably just stick with a regular burger, or apps only.

• Visited January 2012