We really enjoyed the Shire, despite the poor weather. Some really nice places to see and visit in this town. The Shire is a little away from the center of town but close enough to walk or drive in the bad weather.
The room was really nice, clean and equipped with a comfortable four poster bed. We would have given this an excellent if they offered a breakfast rather than coffee at the end of the porch. They also collect 1/2 in advance but not a deal breaker in my opinion.
We would recommend Woodstock for a 2-3 day trip encompassing the regional area and the old General Store in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an independent hotel in the Village of Woodstock, VT. Each of our 43 rooms is uniquely furnished in traditional New England style and many of them have a beautiful view of the Ottauquechee River which flows behind the property. Hospitality is our priority and we want you to feel at home here at The Shire Woodstock. Our General Manager lives on the premises and is available to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We have some rooms with fireplaces, some with Jacuzzis and a limited number of "dog friendly" rooms. All of our rooms have Cable TV, wifi and a small refrigerator, as well as individual heating and air conditioning. Join us for a relaxing, quiet vacation in a place steeped in tradition-The Shire Woodstock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Shire Woodstock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shire Riverview Hotel Woodstock
- Shire Riverview Woodstock