We looked out the window of our room. Geese were in the river and beautiful canvasback ducks. Song birds woke us in the morning and we went to the balcony to have coffee and watch a fly fisher wading down the river. We had the standard room the first night but had the luxury the second night. Both were great but we recommend the luxury room. The staff were very professional and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an independent hotel in the Village of Woodstock, VT. Each of our 43 rooms is uniquely furnished in traditional New England style and many of them have a beautiful view of the Ottauquechee River which flows behind the property. Hospitality is our priority and we want you to feel at home here at The Shire Woodstock. Our General Manager lives on the premises and is available to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We have some rooms with fireplaces, some with Jacuzzis and a limited number of "dog friendly" rooms. All of our rooms have Cable TV, wifi and a small refrigerator, as well as individual heating and air conditioning. Join us for a relaxing, quiet vacation in a place steeped in tradition-The Shire Woodstock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your The Shire Woodstock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shire Riverview Hotel Woodstock
- Shire Riverview Woodstock