“Delicious food in lovely surroundings!”
Review of Cloudland Farm

Cloudland Farm
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cloudland Farm offers farm-to-table dining right on the farm where many of the ingredients were grown. Everything is made from scratch and all ingredients are locally sourced. The menu changes daily. Dine by the fireplace during the winter, or come early and enjoy the porch before dinner during the summer months. BYOB. Reservations required.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Cloudland Farm is an actual working farm just a few miles out of Woodstock, VT. There is now a beautifully constructed dining room....rustic a-frame with exposed rafters, massive fireplace, and lots of windows to enjoy the view from the top of the hill.....that specializes in farm to table, and do they mean it!! Our dinner was a prix fix 3 course with a glass of wine for $45 per person...so reasonable. Fabulous Gilfeather soup (a cross between a beet and turnip I think), tenderloin with veggies, and poached apple tart for dessert. On the back of the daily menu is a complete list of all ingredients with the corresponding vendor....most impressive, absolutely enjoyable, and delicious. Casual so our jeans and sweaters were perfect. Even had a big barn to park in!! Such fun.

1  Thank Jim B
CloudlandFarm, Owner at Cloudland Farm, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Jim, thanks for your positive review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your farm-to-table dining experience at Cloudland. The Gilfeathers in the soup were grown right here on the farm, and they were developed by John Gilfeather of VT. They are called a turnip, but some say they more closely resemble a rutabaga.

Hope you can join us again for some of Chef Nick's creative, seasonal cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Cloudland Farm

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We were treated to dinner at Couldland by our good friends, it was a treat! I was apprehensive about the predetermined menu because of my fussiness, however it does force you to try new foods. After sampling the beet soup, something I would never order, I was pleasantly surprised and loved it. I am also not someone who can enjoy steak so I was also treated to a fabulous risotto with mushrooms and squash. My only regret was it was dark out and it would have been nice to see the beautiful farm. I would definitely visit again !

1  Thank Jill A

Jill, we are so glad you enjoyed your evening at Cloudland. We are always happy to accommodate vegetarians or any other dietary restrictions if we know about them ahead of time.

If you are ever able to join us during the summer/early fall, you are welcome to come early and enjoy some time on the porch taking in the beautiful views before dinner.

Thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Cloudland farm was recommended to us by our innkeepers at the Jackson House Inn who mentioned the food here was as local as it gets. We were able to get reservations for the three course dinner served on Thursdays and enjoyed a memorable evening there. Our long drive to the farm on a country road set the mood, surrounded as we were by hills and farmland. The restaurant is a huge barn-like building with a porch at the rear. While we waited for our table to be readied, we ordered wine, and sat on the porch enjoying the amazing view of the hills beyond. The dinner was delicious, simple in concept yet complex in flavour. The ambience of the space was grand yet warm and inviting. We were the last to dine and the owner of the farm who happened to be in chatted with us briefly before he left to complete some work on the farm. A lovely slice of Vermont served up on a plate.

1  Thank TravellingTangerine
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I found this place through tripadvisor and found it to be one of the best restaurants that we have ever been in. Everything about this place was great. From the atmosphere, there help and to the food; all were extraordinary. I highly recomend that if you are in the area this place is well worth the visit

CloudlandFarm, Owner at Cloudland Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Rick,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your farm-to-table dining experience at Cloudland. Our goal is to share the bounty of the farm crafted into delicious meals with our guests and make them feel at home while they are here. Thanks for letting us know that we accomplished that. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were introduced to Cloudland Farm when we went there for a wedding rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious, the service good (although I think the kitchen was a little overwhelmed having to serve all the dinners at once, as the table with the wedding party was done before we ever got our dinners!) and the room we were in was charming. I really liked the dinner salad we were given, and the entree was fabulous, as were the vegetables served with the dinner. The dessert was a gorgeous tart with homemade ice cream... I could have had only that and been very, very happy. As others have said, the drive out there in the dark (at least for a city girl like me) was a bit daunting, but well worth it in the end. I'd like to go back and try the restaurant for dinner when it's just the two of us... I am sure it would be even better than this lovely experience we had at the rehearsal dinner.

I can't rate the cost or value since we were at a rehearsal dinner.

CloudlandFarm, Owner at Cloudland Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience here at Cloudland Farm. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. Our chef makes every part of the meal completely from scratch, and we are so glad you enjoyed each course that was served. Our Chef likes to plate the meals one table at a time so that everyone's food is nice and warm when it is placed on the table, that's why there was a bit of a delay in serving all of the tables. Again, thanks for your comments, and we hope that you will join us again if you get back to Vermont.