“The best Black & Blue Angus Sirloin”
Review of Spooners Bar and Grille - CLOSED

Spooners Bar and Grille
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Wonderful restaurant and reasonably priced! Not in the center of town but just outside of town. Varied menu with tasty specials. A place the locals eat! From the Hwy side of the restaurant it doesnt look like much but eat here and you WILL NOT be dissapointed. We stumbled on it just last week while doing a New England Fall Colors Trip. Excellent service by Thadeus and Rhonda. Want to share with TripAdvisor Community. Husband had a wonderful Steak w Bleu Cheese and I had delicious Boursin Stuffed Chicken. Excellent!!
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Enjoyed it last year and looking forward to my trip there Tuesday, May 21st. Enjoyed The Capital Grille, Flemings, etc. All great restaurants which I revisit but only Spooner's has left a mouth-watering taste I'm craving for.

1  Thank thumperpc

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After finding a huge crowd at the pub at The Woodstock Inn, we drove a mile or so down the road and stumbled on Spooners! It is cozy, has a great menu, delicious food and helpful attentive staff! The seafood is fresh, delivered daily from the boat in Boston. The meat is local and the veggies locally sourced, too.

2  Thank Reynold
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Although I may have been not such a happy customer in years past Spooners has recently impressed both my pallette and my wallet. Two entrees for $22 with salad and dessert. And the food was really good!! Great pool table and service was great. Ill be back for sure!

1  Thank Vtkid
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is a standby for locals. Typical salad bar and very basic food. Too dark in there. Not to go back.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I travel all over the world, and so our expectations may be more sophisticated than those of the average person, but when we first moved to Woodstock over 20 years ago, we loved going to Spooners -- it offered a relaxed, casual and friendly atmosphere, a mix of locals and visitors, a great menu with good wines, and affordable prices. I didn't have to get dressed up, or make a reservation days in advance, nor pay prices comparable to New York city restaurant prices. So it was the perfect place to have dinner on our way back from the airport, or after a longer-than-normal work day, or after an exhausting day of skiing with family and friends.
Then "Ray" (the founder/owner) left and it changed. Then it changed again. Then again. Until we never thought of Spooners as a place to eat. Until now. About 2 weeks ago my husband had a dinner with a client and Spooners was the closest restaurant and it was getting late, so he took a chance; and he was very surprised because he had a great meal! Then when last night on our way back from the airport and a very long day, he suggested we give it another try (he knows I love prime rib and he's seen the "prime rib" night sign outside). We did, and it was really excellent. We both had their prime rib special -- I take mine on the rare side, he likes his well-done -- and both were perfectly prepared. The serving size was also excellent and it wasn't an overly thin slice of meat that some restaurants serve. The vegetables and salad were also cooked/done very nicely, and the house wine was delicious (we still had a drive so we only ordered a glass each). And then, while I didn't think I could handle dessert, when Ray reminded us they were all made there, in their own kitchen, and we saw the apple crisp, we decided to split one. Again, we were not disappointed. We'll be returning from now on...and telling all our friends about it.

1  Thank AMatlins