“Above Average Coffee Bistro”
Review of The Daily Grind - CLOSED

The Daily Grind
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Above Average Coffee Bistro”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Healthy sandwiches and salads with the emphasis on quality and fine ingredients. As for the coffee and other drinks, this place has it over the chains. Enjoy the people-friendly dining area. The service is extremely friendly - not like typical coffee / light fare cafes. Not open for dinner.

Visited August 2012

Syracuse, New York
“Amazing Breakfast”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had an amazing breakfast here with my boyfriend. He ordered a breakfast sandwich of French toast with canadian bacon and cheddar cheese dipped in maple syrup. I almost regretted ordering my scrambled eggs because his sandwich was so amazing. But my homemade toast with blueberry/blackberry jam and fresh fruit salad was pretty good. If you want a good breakfast, come here, we just couldnt get over all the goodies they made right site.

• Visited August 2012
Woodstock, Vermont, United States
“Best Coffee & Cafe around!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I've been coming to the Daily Grind for 2 years now and have finally decided to write a review. Honestly, i cant remember the last time when I was disappointed. The space is beautiful, with tasteful decorations befitting a small vermont restaurant. The food portions are large and wonderfully prepared using almost all natural ingredients! All the hand-crafted pastries are made fresh each morning and are beautifully decorated. The staff are friendly and helpfull. By Far the best, healthiest lunch in Woodstock!
Overall, All my visits to The Daily Grind have been yummy and positive.
NOTE: Try the "CAT" or "Breakfast Burrito"

• Visited July 2012
Washington
“Good coffee”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good coffee, hub ie had a yummy breakfast sandwich made with egg soaked bread, egg, ham and Vermont syrup

Visited May 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Mediocrity at best”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped here while driving through town... The menu is appealing, the pastries looked delicious With a good variety. However, we ordered a breakfast burrito and I can't even describe how terrible it was. FIRST of all I don't understand how any restaurant can mess up a breakfast burrito seeing that we make them camping and they could pass for restaurant quality. Very simple process ... Cook with REAL eggs with cheddar IN the eggs and add salsa while cooking ... Simple... However I have no idea what the heck the so called eggs were .. They melted (literally) when u put it in your mouth and turned to mush. The salsa tasted like tostitos, and there were so many beans that were just thrown on top. The only good part was the wrap itself and that's all I ended up eating of my 7-8 dollar disaster of a breakfast burrito. The pastries were pretty good. I just can't find that to be a good enough excuse to go back. So I advise that they use REAL EGGS or at least learn to cook them..

Stacey V, Owner at The Daily Grind, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
I am sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience with us. I assure you that not only do we use "real" eggs, that they are blended with "real" local creme as well, which gives them the nicest fluffiest texture. We do not use homemade salsa in the winter spring months, becasue they are not really ripe and nice for salsa, so we do revert to buying it premade during these times. We also put fresh cilanto into the breakfast burritos when ever we can get it, which yours had, and always use Cheddar Jack cheese as our melter. The breakfast burrito is a very popular breakfast sandwhich here at The Daily Grind. We hope you will join us again when you come into the area.