Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 106 South Street
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Thought we were going to Brunch and showed up at 9:55. the Buffet closed at 10 because it was breakfast not brunch. They kept it open for our group of 10 stragglers and the food was great. Wonderful bacon and waffles!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The breakfast buffet was excellent with a variety of options including eggs made to order. Service was slightly spotty, had to flag down for coffee. Otherwise very good.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had a series of business meetings at the Inn. Had a meal in this restaurant and was surprisingly pleased with the quality of the food and service. This would be worth a visit if you wanted to get a good dinner.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our family is currently staying at the Woodstock Inn, the location of The Red Rooster restaurant. The venue has somehow earned the four diamonds from AAA, and has good publicity, so we decided to try it tonight. The atmosphere is casual/elegant, with a modern farmhouse theme. The waiter was friendly, but not around enough. The menu is very chic, but the execution is lacking. For example, I ordered a cup of asparagus soup, which I asked first whether it was hot or cold. The waiter said it was served warm, not piping hot. It came extremely hot, too hot to eat. It was very watery, and the embellishments were not enhancing. For my next course, I ordered lobster risotto, which arrived somewhere between Luke warm and cold. I had to wait a while for the waiter to come to hear it up. I also ordered the heirloom tomato salad, which they touted as the best one we would ever have, with the tomatoes grown in their garden. It came with just about three tomato slices plus a couple of baby tomatoes, hardly worth the price. The largest slice was too mealy to eat. They had a promising children's menu. The burger was good, but the fried chicken strips were over spiced for children, and my son barely ate it. The fries were average. My husband ordered lobster bisque, which was just okay, and salmon for his entree. The salmon was over cooked, and smothered in olives, which he doesn't like and did not expect from the menu description. My son ordered a root beer float for dessert, and was disappointed it did not have enough ice cream in it. The cheese plate I had for dessert was less than impressive, with dry, small, two inch Vermont cheeses, which all tasted alike except for the blue cheese. The sides to the cheeses seemed like an after thought. The bill came to over $175, and we all left feeling under-whelmed.

1  Thank lauradean
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here a few months ago, and breakfast the next morning. We had made a point to return since we had enjoyed eating lunch here last year. They have some tasty choices for lunch, which we considered excellent value for the quality. I had a cup of clam chowder, and a pear and spinach salad with gargonzola dressing, both very good. My husband had one of the sandwiches on sourdough bread, with nice crisp fries on the side, was also very good. Our breakfasts the next day - eggs Benedict for me and eggs, toast & bacon for him - were just right. We have not been here yet for supper, which looks a bit pricey but I would expect to be delicious. Service was impeccable. The atmosphere is inviting and comfortable.