“Too expensive”

Cross street: Route 106 South Street
Woodstock, Vermont
“Too expensive”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have eaten her several times. The food has varied from excellent to poor. The service also has varied from excellent to poor. When this restaurant is good, it's really good, but I will share my worst experience, we had a group of 8 and the service was unbelievably slow. We waited for over an hour and half once we were seated and ordered, to get our meals. The staff was apologetic, and kept us happy with more drinks.... Well when we got the bills for each couple, we were horrified at the prices per drink!! I think they kept us waiting just so we would drink more and have to pay their exorbitant prices!! Unbelievable!!! The food we were expecting to be expensive, but when it came, the food was awful. I think it really depends on what staff is working, as to what type of experience you will have. The Sunday brunches are nice, but again, bring your wallet... Nothing is what I would call affordable! The atmosphere is very nice however. Not a restaurant that kids will enjoy.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank happytravlr99

New York City, New York
“Farm-Fresh and Delicious”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Granted, it is a restaurant in a historic Inn, but it is a great one at that. Wide variety of choices. Interesting children's menu. Breakfast was just okay, but lunch and dinner were excellent. Do not miss the cheddar ale soup if it is on the menu. Far superior to the famous one at Simon Pierce. They have their own farm, or as they call it a "garden," and you can taste the fresh ingredients.

Visited March 2014
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
“Wonderful Service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Super friendly service. Delicious food. Ate here three times. Twice for breakfast and once for dinner. Newly renovated and beautiful views. The people bend over backwards to accommodate. They remember you and your likes and dislikes and what you did the day before. There was a draft and they saw me give my daughter my sweater. They offered to not only turn up the heat, but to go back to our room and get another sweater/jacket. The food is unique and beautifully prepared. I had a house made pasta and my husband had the swordfish special. Both were lovely. So was the homemade bread. The breakfast buffet was ample with many yummy choices like apple french toast and Woodstock sticky buns, including the standards like omlettes and all your eggs and cereals. I would definitely eat at the hotel again.

NY
“lovely”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great for breakfast (omelette station good, very fresh and tasty choices), good for dinner but I expected a quieter setting compared to their pub, but it was not particularly quiet!

UK
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

we had lunch and breakfast here while staying at the hotel. Slightly odd feel about the place - bit too clinical, they could do with making it feel a little warmer. however the food and service was great. Can definitely recommend their chowder for lunch and fabulous blueberry pancakes for breakfast - yum! Quite pricey though...