“Are these people w 5 stars kidding?”

Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 106 South Street
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Have they EVER eaten in a real 5 star restaurant because this surely is NOT. Mediocre food for both dinner and breakfast. Loud when it gets full and for brunch just forget it if you want a cup of coffee. We had to flag down our waitress and even then had to have the manager intervene so we could get coffee.
I was at Woodstock INN over 25 years ago and this is not the same experience that I remember. If you're staying here anyway, it's convenient. But for a really delicious meal, try the Prince and the Pauper. It has maintained its excellence for over 25 years.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Nine of us went to the Inn for lunch and were seated in a private dining space. It was comfortable and without the noise or activity in the main dining area. I was a bit disappointed that the room was as modern as it was, I was expecting a more rustic homey setting. Everyone had a different black & white design on their plates, beautiful feathers, rooster, flower, strawberries. Most of us had the soup & half sandwich that consisted of homemade Tomato soup or Butternut squash soup - both had a nice flavor but were lukewarm. The sandwiches were either smoked turkey with a pesto mayo or grilled cheese both with sides of sweet potato fries. Again the food was good but the fries came out warm, not hot or crispy. The service was good but she never came back to find out if we had any questions so we ate the warm soup & fries. I'd like to go back and see if this was just an off day, we got there just as the restaurant was opening.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a late lunch so ordered off the bar menu. I had the VT sharp cheddar Macaroni and Cheese with meat from a whole lobster. This was preceded by a cup of Sweet Potato Apple Soup. OMG!!! Both of these were absolutely delicious!!! I eat a lot, but I ended up taking half the Mac and cheese to go. It was just as delicious late that night. Atmosphere was nice at the bar, staff were friendly. Bartender was new to the area so I answered a few questions for some of the tourist. I can't wait to eat there again in the future! Also, compared to the Hanover Inn's restaurant (see that review) I find here to have just as high quality food at better prices (WI M&C - $18, HI M&C- $26). So if you are touring the entire area or live in the area and want a great dinner, try here. I don't know what took me so long!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Light lunch at the bar, Vegetable Quiche and salad, great white wine. Bar tender, Michael, gregarious and helpful with menu suggestions. Nice atmosphere....relaxing. Recommend

1  Thank deckcat
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Our large party had a very enjoyable experience. Mussels, romaine salad, salmon, pork chop, clam chowder, mashed sweet potato side, and cranberry Apple crisp were the hits. Spinach salad dressing a little sweet for some, wish there were salami and more cheese options on the charcuterie and cheese appetizers, and we were hoping for a crispy gingersnap crust on the pumpkin cheesecake, but others are likely to enjoy this version very much. Service is impeccable. Wine list is very good in its breadth of selection and price point. For a special occassion, the Red Rooster is a lovely choice.

1  Thank chitownontheroad