“annual fall vacation”
Review of Mangalitsa

Mangalitsa
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Woodstock
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

what a jewel of an eating establishment this is. intimate and friendly rules this place. while the menu is not extensive, the flavors and tastes that emanate from it are truly to be experienced. my wife and i cleaned our plates. the food was delicious and satisfying to the palate. if you are fortunate to take your meal here my one recommendation is to savor their sweet corn ice cream, its to die for. reasonably priced, more than adequate portions, and extremely delicious. our cudos to Matt, the owner. a most wonderful establishment. we'll be going back on our return to the area.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (118)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Incredible meal. Wine paired perfectly. Great people. Can't wait to go back. They take farm to table to the next level.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the moment you walk in and are seated at one of the few tables, you are immediately aware of the care, intimacy and truly personal feel that is this establishment. Everyone affiliated with this restaurant is committed to upholding the standards of locally grown/sourced food and beverage. The knowledge of food and wine and other libation from the team is remarkable...but all done in the most genuine and true way possible. There is no snootiness here; rather, only passionate people singularly passionate about food and wine; simply, it is a remarkable culinary experience that i look forward to repeating. Our night, they were without their oven hood, so the options were only cold and somewhat limited as a result...and the result was a memorable dining experience for my wife and daughter and I on our way to college drop-off. When next in Woodstock, seek this team out...and ENJOY IT. I know we will when next we are in the area visiting our daughter.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

I had one of the best salads of my life last time I was at Mangalitsa topped with basil sorbet. The menu changes every week so I sadly can't go back and get it again but I'm sure the next items on the menu will be just as wonderful and creative.
They truly love and know their foods and wines. The staff are incredibly knowledgeable and will happily make recommendations or tell you about the vintage you're ordering. This place is a must visit in Woodstock. Make sure you get your reservation far in advance as it's a small space and they book up quickly.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

Our family of five loved the place and came away with profound respect for the owner, Matt. We corresponded several times before our visit and received an email and text from Matt informing us the people who had our table at the earlier service were running late about 15 minutes and not to "rush". He added he would make it up to us when we got to the restaurant and "boy" did he. He offered us a few "amuse bouches" and then a wide sampling of appetizers all complimentary we would find out. Every bit of food that came from the kitchen was perfectly presented, creative and the local ingredients were expertly handled and a peak condition. The menu changes daily and is not large, but everything is deliciously out of this world. Matt knows his wine, too. Not an easy reservation, so plan ahead.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Mangalitsa? Share your experiences!