Woodstock Inn and Resort
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$108
506 On The River Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$139
Sleep Woodstock Motel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$88
The Shire Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$159
$129
Orbitz.com
Quality Inn at Quechee Gorge(Quechee)(Great Value!)
$72
Super 8 White River Junction(White River Junction)
$63
White River Inn and Suites(White River Junction)(Great Value!)
$120
$122
$129
$119
Hampton.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,299 results
All reviewstavern wingoutdoor poolfitness centernew englandsteam roomresort feeafternoon tea and cookiestennis courtshuge fireplacethe main dining roomspa servicesnordic centerin townfull servicesimon pearceroaring firecross country skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary at the Woodstock Inn. Everyone was very pleasant and accomodating when we checked in. Our roon was outstanding with a woodburning fireplace. We ate at all three restaurants and the food and service was excellent. The new spa was impeccable and very relaxing. Our overall visit throughout the resort was very relaxing. We spent alot of time just sitting around the resort and enjoying our beverage of choice either in front of the main fireplace or in the many sitting areas they provide. Late afternoon we enjoyed the Green Mountain coffee and the good cookies they provided. We can't say enough about how good our stay was.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank French S
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Congratulations on your 40th Anniversary! And, thank you for selecting our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

The Woodstock Inn & Resort Management Team

Reviewed December 30, 2010

We loved the Woodstock Inn and Resort, and want to go back. There is so much to do: they have a shuttle to Suicide Six for skiing/boarding; a shuttle to their health center where there is a pool, sauna/steam, racquetball, cross-country skiing, platform tennis, indoor tennis, workout equipment, and classes; a really good restaurant; a cozy bar; a library with tea at 4; nice rooms; nice common areas, some with roaring fires. The spa is supposed to be great too. Only thing I'd change would be to get a room with a bigger bathroom. The bed was great. Shopping in beautiful Woodstock is good, and I recommend the VINS in Queechee to see the raptors. Kids would love that part.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

We held my daughter' wedding at the Inn in November. It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend in a lovely, relaxing, comfortable setting. The Inn performed flawlessly in all respects. My daughter, a six-year veteran of two Four Seasons properties and, consequently, very fussy, agrees.

The wine list was so-so, but the kitchen was surprisingly good, for both the cocktail hour and dinner. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The suites have wood burning fireplaces.

The event planning staff is very helpful and accommodating. If you're planning a family event in Vermont [we had 40 people attending], then consider the Inn.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My wife and I went for a long weekend to get away from the city and relax. We made a trek up from Boston. Taking a quick look around the grounds and hotel seemed nice. The bellman was helpful and then we walked in. It had an old feel to it and the other guests matched the decor. The room we had was part of a "special" and was tiny. I am fine paying top prices for food, however when the food is expensive and the quality does not match, it bothers me. Check out down the road the Simon Pearce restaurant, best meal we had up there! As we waited for help from the concierge on ideas and things to do, she spent about 15 minutes helping an elderly couple with directions. During the time the husband fell asleep and the wife was writing everything down, line by line, from the computer printout. Kudos to the concierge for her patience. The concierge was the strongest asset to the hotel and she gave us some fun ideas. Upon departure, the front office manager gave us our bill with a higher price to the room and it was missing the special credit for our package. He said it wasn't in the system and it is a he said she said issue and he could not do anything. I pulled out my confirmation to prove I was not lying, and he adjusted the room price with attitude. He would not however do anything about the $50 meal credit the website was advertising because I did not have it in writing. During our time there we spent about $1,000. We were looking for the 50 off on 1000… and was told no because it was not in writing! What a nice last impression he left. Never again will we stay there. Old hotel and stuffy staff, find another hotel or B&B instead.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank mrjosh11
Reviewed December 8, 2010

On December 3, 2010 my fiancé and I went to the Woodstock Inn & Resort, VT, to receive what was supposed to be a relaxing couple’s massage. To my great disappointment, I did not have a relaxing massage. I had a 50 minute Swedish massage with a masseuse who coughed and sniffled continuously throughout my session. Every time I thought I could finally relax, I was jolted by the sound of her coughing and stopping the massage to cough. A couple of times I felt her cough on me. Once, mid-through the massage, she took her hand off me to cough really hard and I couldn’t tell if she coughed on the inside of her elbow or her hand. Later in the dressing room, members of the staff were scurrying around me cleaning the bathroom as I was trying to use the facilities to shower then get dressed. When I asked the front desk why people were cleaning the bathroom, a woman responded by saying there was a staff meeting about to begin and we were the last appointment. I felt it was extremely inappropriate and unprofessional to have 1) someone sick perform a massage, and 2) not wait until guests, who have the last appointment, completely leave the Inn to clean the bathrooms. On top of it all, upon paying the bill we found out a gratuity of 20% is already included in the total amount. I would have never given my masseuse a 20% tip, not by Vermont, Connecticut or New York standards. I’ve been known to tip more than 20% for good massages, spa services and ambiance – I would not have done so at the Woodstock Inn & Resort. When I got back home (CT) and called the resort to speak to a manager I was put on hold for a while, then told the manager was in a meeting and I would be transferred to her voicemail. As I write this now I do not know if I will get a call back, never mind get reimbursed for any part of what we spent at the spa ($264.00). I mostly feel bad for my fiancé who tried to put together a special evening for the both of us while we were vacationing in Vermont, only to have this experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
16  Thank canyonheart8
WIandR, General Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

Thank you for your comments. Your experience at our spa is very important to us and the feedback you have provided is extremely valuable moving forward. Your concerns regarding your therapist and the cleaning of the locker room will not go overlooked. We hope you will consider visiting The Spa at The Woodstock Inn & Resort again.

The Woodstock Inn & Resort Management Team