1,373 results
All reviewstavern wingoutdoor poolfitness centernew englandresort feesteam roomafternoon tea and cookieshuge fireplacespa servicesin townfull servicemain lobbypinball machinessimon pearcecross country skiingking roomget away
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Overall this place is still top notch with a wonderful room and fine service. The location is ideal! I was not impressed with the food service. It is clear that the changes made to the dining areas in recent months need a close review. I have been eating here for years on trips to Vermont and was not impressed. The buffet breakfast served up in the former formal dining room was just odd, and the big city style modern dining room in the midde of an inn in Vermont is out of place. The food at both venues was so/so at best. Overall, work on the food service and keep everything else as is!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacketsvo
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Recently renovated rooms. Good restaurant and room service.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

The town of Woodstock and surrounding region is a delight -- while placed directly in the center is the stately Woodstock Inn. We had wanted to stay here for some time and the combination of an outstanding value via the "Serenity Season Package" and my wife's birthday gave us the perfect occasion. We enjoyed our stay very much. We were checked in to a beautifully decorated Tavern Wing king room with a gas fireplace (some rooms have wood-burning fireplaces) overlooking the center lawn and putting green of the hotel rear. The room was lovely, the bed very comfortable and the bath large, clean and finished in marble. Only downside during our stay was pool construction on Saturday morning starting at 8:30 (yes, those reviewers complaining about the distance to the pool will now have one smack dab in the center of the property) we realized this was a temporary issue to improve the property and do not fault the Inn at all. The was also a bit of hallway noise on Saturday morning as housekeeping and the fireplace cleaners got an 8:30 start as well. The Inn offers a complimentary breakfast in the spring season from 7-10 which included eggs, fruit, berries, oatmeal, pastries and superb sticky rolls (!!) but we chose to show up late at 9:30 along with what seemed to be most every other guest in the hotel. The Saturday scene was frenetic compared to Sunday morning which was downright serene when arrived at 8:30 and enjoyed a nice table by the window. Yes, more sticky buns were consumed! All and all our stay was comfortable, convenient to everything we wanted to do, and made for a perfectly enjoyable birthday weekend for my wife.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NutmegCT
Reviewed April 18, 2009

While the resort had comfortable beds and comfortable surroundings, it just didn't cut it as a four star resort. The fitness facilities were 1.5 miles away. There was a shuttle but the driver couldn't be found when we inquired. The all white towels had rust stains on them and "tea and cookies" from 4-5 were non existant at 4:45 on the two days we were there. We got a deal that made the cost similar to other hotels in the area, otherwise, I am not sure I would stay here at regular prices.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2009

We showed up late to the hotel (around 9PM) and still found it to be worth every minute. I am a very picky traveler and I was thrilled with every part of our stay. I loved the rustic elegance of the decor and the service was amazing (I never say that... ever.) They were pleasant to us and all the other guests we encountered. Especially the bar tender - we struck up a conversation with him and he was great to talk to. Well worth the time and money. I'll be sure to be back and I'd recommend this resort to anyone considering a stay. Even just one night is fun!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple