“Fools in the foliage!!”

Woodstock Inn and Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Woodstock Vermont is the BEST!! And the best place to stay is The Woodstock Inn. It's a beautiful, warm and inviting place to stay, but what really makes it special is their staff. They are so kind, friendly and helpful. How do they find such wonderful staff, I think they grow them in Vermont!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Woodstock Inn & Resort. We appreciate your gracious review and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

The Woodstock Inn & Resort

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have been spending a long Columbus day weekend at the Woodstock Inn for approximately 30 years and can remember the fantastic Sunday Brunch held in the beautiful formal stepped dining room --- truly second to none ---- as well as dinners and some breakfasts in this nice dining area. Those were the good old days. Now, your only dining choice is the Red Rooster restaurant. What a joke. If I wanted to dine in a restaurant done in this questionable design theme I would travel to the lower west side of NYC. This restaurant is totally out of caracter with a 5 star New England resort. Also, our limited experience has proven the food, selection choice and service is typically mediocre at best. We have found that the rather limited dining choices have really diminished the Woodstock Inn experience. It is a shame that the management has opted to operate the Resort like a Days Inn rather than a 5 or 6 star resort. In short, we hate the Red Rooster and refuse to dine there------especially when there is a beautiful restaurant completely unused next door.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank spencer r

Thank you for making The Woodstock Inn & Resort an annual Columbus Weekend trip for so many years. We are certainly disappointed to hear about your most recent experience, but appreciate your feedback and will pass along your comments to our management team as each review from our guests is valued. We hope you will consider returning for yet another long Fall weekend again.

The Woodstock Inn & Resort

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at the Woodstock Inn for 3 days. We had a beautiful room in the old wing. I normally change rooms, but this one was in a corner and was very large and quiet. The bathroom was not as big as the ones in the tavern wing; but it was fine.

The location is terrific. You can walk to many restaurants and stores.

Jonathan, the concierge, was one of the best. He was most helpful in getting last minute dinner reservations.

We ate at The Red Rooster, which is the restaurant in the inn. I think it was the best of the 3 restaurants we ate in. We also had breakfast there on Sunday. They have a buffet which is supposed to be their only option on Sunday. We did not wants such a big breakfast. The server was most accommodating and let us order only bagels and coffee.

All in all it was a delightful 3 days.

Room Tip: You probably should request a room in the tavern wing if you like large bathrooms.
1  Thank funalways75
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Woodstock Inn & Resort. We are happy to hear you had a delightful 3- day visit. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and will certainly pass along your comments to Jonathan from our Guest Services team. We look forward to welcoming you back for another getaway soon.

Woodstock Inn & Resort Management

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Hotel is great, and the staff were lovely. Can't really beat Vermont in the Fall.

The room was nice, clean, and well kept up.

Absolutely on the pricey side, for most everything ($15 for Breakfast Buffet, $14 for kids). Didn't do dinner or room services as a result.

I'd recommend this for single/couples get away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank billjolly
WIandR, Manager at Woodstock Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for visiting The Woodstock Inn & Resort. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I escaped to beautiful Woodstock, Vermont in need of some good getaway time. Pulled up to this beautiful Inn and sighed in delight at the picture postcard setting. Checked in - the staff could not have been friendlier- and upstairs to our room on the second floor overlooking the gorgeous front garden. A standard King and it was perfect for us. Big comfy bed, a great sofa under the window, TV and our own little Keurig for tea and coffee. Rather bliss! The bathroom was extremely well designed, lovely fixtures etc. Only recommendation is that the TV could be updated to a nice flat screen, but it worked although the picture a tad grainy. Dined in once and oh the food was so good! Totally delicious, great service. Tried the Spa and had a manicure while my husband golfed.....it was good and very professionally done, everyone seemed to be happily enjoying various stages of pampering. The location of the Inn could not have been more perfect for us - we got up and hiked each morning after first enjoying a mug of delicious complimentary coffee in the library, both mountain hikes were within walking distance. The town is beyond quaint with wonderful shops and restaurants, so walking about is simply a pleasure, returning back and settling in to one of the many Adirondack chairs on the lawn with a book is even more so!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katrynjie

Thank you for choosing The Woodstock Inn & Resort! We are happy to know you and your husband had a wonderful getaway. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and write this gracious review. We look forward to welcoming you back for another getaway soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I decided to come out to Woodstock as a babymoon for us. The accomodations were fantastic. We stayed in the Tavern side, which is the newer part of the hotel. The room was beautiful, and a gorgeous up to date bathroom as well. Great room. No complaints except for the bed, not super comfortable.

The service at the hotel is great! everyone very friendly, opening doors, saying "good morning, evening, afternoon" service is top notch! Food is very good. We didn't eat at the Red Rooster just because of the pricing. We did have breakfast one morning there, it was very good, but it cost $50 for BREAKFAST! thats a little absurd!

The Grounds are very well manicured. very picturesque hotel. The outdoor pool was nice, relatively clean, but cold. Didn't seem to be heated. They had water by the pool and towels were down there as well. We could have ordered food by the pool as well which was nice.

We did room service once. We just had 1 burger and 1 salad... $35!! which included a $3 delivery charge and an automatic 18% service charge which I assumed was a tip. Still, nuts.

But what really annoyed me was the Spa. My wife and I each got a massage 1 day. and my wife got a Manicure and Pedicure another day. Between both days we spent over $350 at the Spa. The spa, I'll admit, was really nice, the locker room, the waiting area for the massage, outdoor hottub and sauna as well. Apparently you are only allowed to use the spa ameneties when you spend $70 or more that day - otherwise, you have to pay $25/day per person to use it. It was about 2pm one day, and my wife wanted to go to the outdoor pool at the hotel, and I just wanted to sit in the hot-tub after walking around town all day. Pool happens to be right next to the spa, so I just go in and tell them, "hey, I know its $25/day, but its 2pm, I just want to sit in the hot tub for 30min, and we spent some $350 this week on services, can you just let me in?" The answer was just, "Sorry, we can't". I was rather disappointed. I'm in customer service myself, And I even bend the rules often for customers who spend a decent amount of money with me.

That kind of annoyed me. I was rather disappointed. Besides for the spa, the hotel was great and the service was dynamite. I would come here again!

Room Tip: Stay in the Tavern part of the hotel. and request a garden view. We were on the street side, and it...
2  Thank Fady S
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel itself and the room were gorgeous. At the spa, I was disappointed. Although it was beautiful, the woman who gave me a pre-natal massage had just smoked a cigarette (a big no-no for pregnant noses). Additionally, I found the woman who did my mani/pedi to be too rough and got a lot of polish on my toes and fingers. We thought the hotel included an outdoor hot tub, but we later discovered it is part of the spa and if you don't spend $70 in spa services that day, you have to pay $25 to use the hot tub! For example, my husband and I spent $260 at the spa the first day and $100 the second day, but when we asked to use the hot tub on the third day, they wanted to charge us $25! The fitness center pool and hot tub (indoor) are dated and felt like a YMCA. The locker rooms there were also dated and gross - not what I'd expect from such a high-quality resort. Furthermore, one night we ordered room service and although the cleaning staff picked up the dishes and half-eaten food the next morning, it sat in our hallway for another 24 hours! Overall, the food was delicious but very expensive ($36 for a burger, salad & water via room service). Finally, we went to the outdoor pool and were disappointed to find that it was fairly dirty with bugs and debris. The staff and doormen are exceptional and the grounds really are stunning. In all, it's a lovely place to stay, but be prepared to pay extra for even the smallest requests.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tavern Wing, which was lovely.
1  Thank Tiffany S

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and appreciate the feedback. We will share your comments and concerns with our staff as this is valuable information to us moving forward. We hope you will consider visiting The Woodstock Inn & Resort again.

The Woodstock Inn & Resort Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
506 On The River Inn
The Shire Woodstock
The Shire Woodstock
#4 of 6 in Woodstock
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Woodstock Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!