“Amazing Food”

Restaurante La Cocina
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurante La Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Benahavis
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fabulous food and amazing staff and service - would highly recommend the pork belly, it was Delicious!
View from the restaurant across the street and up into the mountains was wonderful
Excellent value for money, I would certainly eat there again and again

Visited May 2013

“Superb food,great value.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having been in Benahavis for a week and eaten at the best restaurants on offer.Went here on 7 May after looking at other restaurants to see what was on offer as my partner is a vegetarian-the owner could not have been more helpful. Really nice veggie options and you can change a few things around with no problem. I had the 24 hour slow roast belly of pork on a bed of mashed potatoes-to die for!, so good we went back again next day. Total bill including water,glass of Tio Pepe and bottle of Rioja Crianza (and 3 desserts,because they are gorgeous) €65.00- incredible value! Can't speak highly enough of this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Marbella, Spain
“Fabulous food and service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I have been coming to La Cocina restaurant every time we are in Benahavis.it is one of our favorites.The veal and the 24 hrs roasted pork belly and any fish are amazing.Our favorites desserts are Banoffee pie,chocolate foundant,and brioche bread and butter pudding.Ambiance is fabulous and service is excellent!

• Visited September 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Mr Lajos Attila Polya London United Kingdom”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went to Spain as a tourist . My friend previously in 2011 was in this Restaurante La Cocina. He tould me come to visit this Restaurante. We were 12 friends.. We were very happy staff is wonderfully. Very friendly and funny. Food it was EXCELLENT !!!! Service is very fast we did not wait a lot. in the end we find the price is good.. We want to come back every year for holiday minimum 2 weeks. Defenetly this will be our Restaurante to eat.and drink. I give advice in London to my friend and family THIS IS THE BEST RESTAURANT in Benahavis.
See you here in Jun 2013 for two weeks. Now we will be 23 persons. I will do the booking for every evening. See you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Not good at all ... walk on by”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our visit here started poorly when a native Spanish speaker in our group walked in to make a reservation. "I dont speak Spanish, only English" was the reply from a waitress and later a waiter repeated a similar response. While we spoke both English and Spanish within the group, it is extraordinary that a waiter/waitress would say something like that in Spain. Surely that is such an insult to the locals. At the very least call a colleague who does speak Spanish. But then I may be over playing this - I have a particular dislike for the over-anglicised parts of Spain (Cost del Sol in particular) where there is a trend to make everything 'too like home'. If you even try a little Spanish with the locals, they will love you for it and you'll enjoy it even more.
But enough of my moaning - to the restaurant - the food was pretty grim... dull and uneventful. While I actually liked the 24hr slow-cooked pork-belly, the rest of the dishes we had were mediocre at best. My advice is go elsewhere in Benahavis and immerse yourself in Spain and Spanish food.

• Visited August 2012