“Alora Valley view... a B&B with much more than this!”

Alora Valley View Accommodations
Ranked #2 of 11 Alora B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Alora Valley View B&B was recommended to us by a neighbouring Hotel/B&B and we were absolutely delighted by what we found at just a short 40 minute drive from Malaga airport. Beautiful views, wonderful, tasteful accommodation, attention to detail, cleanliness and a delightful host who was very helpful and enthusiastic about his new home and business in a peaceful, but geologically and historically fascinating part of Andalucia. The location is rural with views from all sides, but Alora itself is a thriving town about 5 mins away by car or 15-20 mins on foot and has a good and frequent public transport sytem to major cities such as Malaga, Granada, Codoba and Antequera. You can even use the train to reach El Chorro gorge for walking/hiking/cycling and climbing and the natural lake at Fuente de Piedra which is famous for flamingos and other wildlife. Furthermore, with a car you can access the turquoise, blue, pine fringed lakes above El Chorro for swimming and watersports and the limestone rockie outcrops, walks at the Parque Naturel del Torcal or towns such as Ronda via the mountains rather than the coast.
I would love to keep Alora Valley View to myself as a secret hideaway for my own personal use rather than share it with others, but it is only fair to the owners to tell you about it, too. In the five days I spent here, I only got a taste of the area...but I can't wait to return and spend much more time exploring all that there is to offer.

Room Tip: As a coeliac, the apartment suited me better and Mercadona supermarket 5 mins away by car has gluten...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Alpalthegalpal

Reviewed July 6, 2011

James and JR are the perfect hosts! From the moment we arrived untill we left, we felt very welcome and we didn't have to worry about anything. JR is an exelent cook and James was always around to answer our questions or give good tips about the area.
It was the perfect start of our holiday!

Room Tip: quiet, cool rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annette00000001
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The Alora Valley view B&B was an excellent place to spend a few days in one of the most beautiful regions of Andalusia, Spain. The 360 0/0 view from the elegant pool and dining patio says it all. The hosts James and JR couldn't be more helpful and knowledgable about the region which is near the Parquec Natural de Torcal and Garganta del Chorro a limestone massif and stunning gorge. You can also visit Ronda in an hour or Antequerra but the Pueblo Blanco of Alora is a delightful small and untrodden village only 2 kms. away.
The B&B itself is very well furnished in an all on one floor house with a sepaerate wing for the guests rooms.Both have private baths and are tastefully furnished with all amenities. The hosts serve a fine breakfast and will also make dinner at the end of a long touring day with advanced notice. The food is prepared with fresh ingrediants from the local markets and is delicious.You can't go wrong with this one.

Room Tip: both are equally good and a third has a kitchen
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tgoldman60763
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My friend and I were warmly greeted by our hosts JR and Roger at Alora train station and then taken on the "scenic" route to Alora Valley View. We were really impressed with the accommodation and all the amenities provided and in such a stunning location. JR and Roger were excellent hosts throughout our short stay, offering advice on the best places to eat in the local village, as well as cooking a lovely evening meal for us on our first night. They were also a fund of information about the surrounding area, including viisiting the lovely old cities of Seville, Granada and Ronda, all within easy travelling distance of the b & b.
I will definitely be passing on the Alora Valley View details to family and friends and hope to return again for another stay some day.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Awesome Bed and Breakfast set in the heart of the Alora Valley in Andalucia. Alora Valley View is the perfect relaxing getaway, and has stunning vistas of the surrounding countryside. The hosts Jan Roger and James went above and beyond to make our stay special. Everything from picking us up from the train station to making sure there was hot coffee for me at 7am while I watched the sunrise over the valley!
The rooms are modern, stylish and exceptionally clean. The breakfast was amazing and so too was the evening meal we enjoyed cooked by our hosts.
Also, the traditional and charming Spanish village of Pueblo Blanco is only a 20 minute walk from the B&B and well worth the walk as the scenery on route is fantastic.
If you take a trip to Andalucia, make sure you book a room at The Alora Valley View, its an amazing place!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I arrived at Alora Valley View as a person who doesn't normally consider a B&B setting, I normally would go to a Hotel. But the location and amenities are so perfect, we couldn't really consider anything else. I must say booking over the internet you worry if the images and services are truly as described etc. When we did arrive at Alora Valley View I was shocked at how beautiful the setting was and how huge the apartment was that we stayed in. I was completed thrilled and continued to enjoy all aspects of our stay. I could not be better with all the lemon trees, olive grove and the fantastic village nearby.

JR and James are the perfect hosts who seem to appear when you need them and then seem to also know when you would like your own space. This is the best 2 weeks we have spent without question.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

A very warm greeting from James and Jan Rogers they showed us around the property with olive and citrus trees and lovely gardens.Very close to several small towns :Ronda ,Antequera and El Chorro to name a few.
Their newly acquired B&B has medium size rooms, are super clean ,decorated in neutral colors, the bed is very comfy with small details to make your stay enjoyable.As for breakfast you have several choices: cereals, eggs ,home made rolls, juices, yogourt etc.
They also have a beautiful pool and patio.
A honors bar and treats are also available to enjoy.