“Casa Bliss - Alora”

Ranked #5 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Alora
Basildon
“Casa Bliss - Alora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our visit to Casa Bliss and it still lives up to it's name, the pool is great with lively views towards Alora, the rooms are clean and facilities good. Gay made us very welcome and offered help with shopping etc but was never pushy or intruding.
The local attractions are spectacular, The lakes, Ronda and at only about 45 minutes to the coast you have the best of both worlds, the quiet and seclusion of the countryside within proximity of all the entertainment you might like.
Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Third visit to Casa Bliss and it truly was, once again "BLISS". I stayed in Rose Cottage which is spacious, comfortable and lovely. The large patio onto the pool is a delightful place to sit for morning coffee and an evening drink. The pool itself was lovely and as there are only three apartments in the finca it is never busy or crowed - so always peaceful and relaxing. The owner, Gaye, was her usual friendly and helpful self. There was a good welcome pack. I didnt want to hire a care and Gaye arranged airport pick ups for me and to go shopping to stock up. I could just pop down the hill to the restaurant and bar if I wanted to go out - or there's a taxi service to town too. I met some lovely people. My stay was just a perfect as it has been twice before and I shall, no doubt, be returning again. Thanks for a lovely time, Gaye.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Penryn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent 10 fabulous days and nights at Casa Bliss 14 - 24 July 2012 - staying in Bluebell following a 4 day driving tour from Casa Colina B&B in Comares, Granada, Ubeda and Cordoba. We both thought this place had a feel of Hearst Castle about it, what a gem and just 35 minutes from Malaga airport.

Our Highlights:
Swimming laps in the large pool every morning and last thing at night - the pool was such a delight - large, spotlessly clean, un-crowded and beautifully lit at night. I usually find I struggle to get a lap in any hotel pool with loud families to contend with - this was a dream.

The stars in Alora were amazing - we saw the space station on two occasions from our patio, there must be very little light pollution here.

Lovely gardens and so many the little areas to relax and enjoy as a couple. We cooked for ourselves in the main, once we found the Mercadona, enjoying all the lovely local produce. The local supermarket in Alora sells packets of locally made-up spices - I'd recommend the gambas pil pil - just add in a generous glugg of olive oil, chopped garlic and either prawns or chicken - perfection.

The facilities in bluebell were more than adequate for our needs. I would not contemplate spend time ironing on holiday - top tip hand your clothes in the bathroom whilst taking a shower...

We would recommend car hire to enjoy all the lovely nearby local sights and towns. The nearby lakes at Ardales were breathtaking and wonderful to swim in or canoe around - take a picnic and make a day of it. En route there is a wolf sanctury, we didn't get there this time though. Antequera is a very interesting city to visit - there is tour which takes you around the old city - the tourist information office is open most of the day and have maps for you to follow.

The nearby Los Cabalos restaurant sells wood smoked Chickens on a Sunday lunchtime - very tasty.

Jay J, my only recommendation would be to ask your gardener to plant a sprig of thyme if there is a free spot for it - would work very well near the bbq! I hope your gardener is not offended as the gardens are a shere delight, just love the palm trees and I guess the grapes on your vines are just about ripening now too.

We wend down to the coast for the celebration of the paintron saint of the sea - el Carmen.. nice as it was it was wonderful to know that our retreat was ready and waiting for our return.

In summary - our expectations were exceeded at Casa Bliss, excellent place to relax and escape and we would certainly like to return together - I am sure we will.

We rounded our holiday off at Casa Bliss having arrived from Cordoba having stayed in a few hotels along the way. I would recommend self catering or B&B over hotel any time now in Spain.

1 Thank VikingSeahorse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was my second visit to Casa Bliss and I don't think it will be my last. Bluebell cottage was absolutely gorgeous, so much so that I rarely surfaced before 3pm each day. I especially enjoyed the lovely private patio with barbecue where we spent very evening watching the sun set over picturesque Alora in the distance, reading books and drinking the outrageously cheap and delicious cava. On our previous visit we ventured to Rhonda and the lakes of Ardales (definitely not to be missed) but this time we were content to spend all our time at Casa Bliss only venturing as far as the local supermarket for more fish for the barbecue. The pool is pretty unbeatable, retaining the heat well into the night due to its black tiles and most of the time we had it all to ourselves. It was lovely to catch up with the owner who was as hospitable as ever. I must book my next trip!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had a fun and relaxing two weeks stay at Casa Bliss, Rose Cottage. The apartment I stayed in was clean, had everything I needed and the patio area was great for soaking up the sun and having barbecues.

The views from the apartment were breathtaking and the pool was big enough to have an enjoyable swim. This is definitely a place I would recommend to friends and I myself can’t wait to go back.

Thanks Jaye for enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our second visit to Casa Bliss. My review from last year (18th September) is still on here and I can only say that the place up is even better this year. There has been more rainfall so the grounds are so lush there are even grapes hanging from the vines above the patio. The owner has installed green lights throughout the grounds which coupled with the swimming pool lights create a beautiful atmosphere at night. We stayed in the Daffodil Cottage last year and had the pleasure of the Bluebell Cottage this year - the photos hardly do it justice; it's stunning.

If you decide to hire a car (a good idea) we used malagacar.com again this year. They are great and very cheap compared to the international companies and do not subscribe to that full tank return empty scam.

PJ

Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our second time now - once in Daffodil Cottage and once in Rose and returning this September - both Cottages are lovely in their own way. Furnishings are a delightful mixture of traditional chosen pieces. Very warmly welcomed by the owner. The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed. It feels like you are staying with an old friend. Its all very informal. Daffodil is bright and sunny with a separate bedroom, kitchen lounge area and a terrace to the rear which overlooks the mountains + your own BBQ, Rose is a huge room, which easily incorporates dining table and chairs. there is a bedroom and lounge area, and kitchen. Large separate bathroom. Its patio gives easy access to the pool. there's a large table, umbrella and BBQ. The finca, pool and grounds are in a delightful setting, palms trees and views to the mountains and you can hear the goat bells tinkling as you swim. Unfortunately there was a lightening strike on a pylon, so no electricity for a day but hardly the owners fault. She in fact made great efforts to have this repaired as soon as possible. On this occasion the weather wasnt kind to us so we did some sightseeing to Rhonda - great - and the surrounding area. Even without perfect weather still thought it BLISS so thats why we are returning in September and expect to time and time again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple