“Oasis found!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Independence
Independence Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Independence B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Came into Independence from the PCT and found the Courthouse Motel less than inviting. Called Jim of the Independence Inn Motel and I couldn't be happier. He was very inviting and an outstanding host. Fresh homemade bread, coffee cake, and coffee this morning truly hit the spot. Also the view of the Sierra Nevada from the stoop is outstanding. Staying here is a truly wonderful experience! Thank you so much!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Independence Inn Motel

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful setting. Jim, the owner, couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. He had installed a NEMA 14-50 plug for Tesla charging. He requested a very reasonable fee for the use of his power. Great place to stay to visit Death Valley or Mono Lake.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Beautyandthebees
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My family stays here every few months. Jim maintains a very nice place and he is friendly and accommodating! The rooms are clean and comfortable! We wouldn't stay anyplace else. If you are passing through or staging here for hiking or sight seeing this is your place.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is our 3rd stay here at this quaint road side motel. Beautiful view of the Sierra's from your porch! The rooms are clean and Jim (owner/manager) is there to see that you feel right at home. The rooms have TV, heat, A/C, fridge, coffee and plenty of towels and blankets. Perfect place as a base for hiking and camping in the Sierra's!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank defluiter
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel on the merits of trip advisor and so I feel a certain obligation to write about our stay.
On arriving to the motel it was clear to us that it was located in an area with little or no services, the town it's in may as well not be there. There is a shell garage which you can get the odd snack from, but good luck finding any restaurants.
Jim seems a nice enough guy but there is an uncomfortable air about the place, you could say creepy. This was made by a few things: Jims reception area reminded me of a mechanics garage and Jim himself was not dressed in a manner which you would expect a hotelier to be dressed, more a vest top rather than a suit.
We were hungry so decided to travel back up the road for some food as there wasn't anything in the town, our windows to the room were left open but were closed when we got back. This made my partner even more worried, and even though I tried to ease her worries by saying Jim may of forgotten they were open and just wanted to make us feel safer, no scenario I thought of made sense and so this resulted in the door to the room being blocked by chairs.
Unfortunately when a lady feels uneasy there isn't much you can do to make things better, whether her actions seems overboard or not, everything leading up to this caused it.

Jim has a hard job to do when you are faced with a barren town trying to get customers and make his property as nice as possible, and our comments are by no mean personal to him as he seems like a nice enough guy.
Had the reviews been a little more even then I wouldn't of written the review, I just think the other reviews are far too glowing of what we experienced.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lorne s
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked a family room consisting of 1 queen & 1 full bed for 1 night as a stopover travelling between Mesquite, NV and Yosemite.

When pulling up, the very first thing I noticed was the gardens of the Inn...absolutely wonderful, I cannot say how pleased I was to see Roses for the first time in a month! I never realised how much I had missed the colour & scent of flowers from back home until now! The Inn itself looked very picturesque and we were pleasantly welcomed by Jim.

The room was clean, and suited us down to the ground. Within the room was a fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities which we used. The bathroom was sufficient for all 4 of us and we soon settled for the night. The free Wi-Fi worked well. We all slept well...beds were comfy and no noise from the road.

Breakfast was ok and there could have been a little more choice such as decaf coffee & fruit, but hey, for the price, I wasn't going to complain and managed to live without it for one morning!

It seems Jim does everything here, even cleaning and preparing the rooms...all I can say is I hope he keeps up the fantastic job he's doing! We would definitely recommend this Inn to anyone thinking of stopping halfway between Death Valley & Yosemite.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you're traveling north up 395 on your way to maybe Yosemite or Mammoth, the Independence Inn is the first motel you'll come to in Independence on the right hand side. Our suggestion is stop and take a room! Jim, the owner, demonstrates a tremendous pride in ownership of his recently fully renovated small comfortable inn. The rooms are immaculate with first rate things that matter like towels, and toilet paper, and the price is affordable and more resonable than that of other motels in the eastern Sierras. The view of the surrounding mountains from the front porch is the best in town. Jim is friendly and helpful and makes a great host.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Comfort Inn - Lone Pine
Independence Courthouse Motel
#3 of 3 in Independence
Best Western Plus Frontier Motel
Lone Pine Budget Inn & Motel

Been to Independence Inn Motel? Share your experiences!