“Best place to stay in Peniche”
Review of Peniche Surf Lodge

Peniche Surf Lodge
Ranked #3 of 103 Specialty Lodging in Peniche
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've been to Peniche about 5 or 6 times now. Love the place and always get some good waves! Stayed at the Surf Lodge with Claire and Duncan the last three times now, and it's the best place to stay in town. I've been there with my girlfriend, my friends, and on my own. Claire and Duncan are really friendly, helpful, and like us all, have a love of the ocean! The rooms are great, clean, comfy, and have everything you need.

Duncan has great local knowledge of the spots and conditions and there is plenty of space for boards etc.

It's in a great location, really quiet, but really close to the town centre, beach, and supermarkets.

Planning my next trip for May. Can't wait! Thanks again Claire and Duncan. See ya soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My friends and I stayed in Peniche at The Surf Lodge for only one night and had a great time! We all felt so welcome and comfortable the minute we were picked up from the bus stop. Arriving at the lodge I was pleasantly surprised at the adorable interior decorating and positive vibes. We went on a walk around the area and enjoyed the beautiful views of the ocean and cliffs. Such a great location! The family that owns the lodge is so awesome! Claire and Duncan are such a cute couple and we got to meet their son Dane, who took us out at night for a fun party in town! I also got to rent some surfing gear and Duncan drove us all to the beach to try and catch some waves. We are definitely going back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: The dorm was perfect for our group of 5.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
penichesurflodge, Owner at Peniche Surf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thankyou so much Kelsie for your amazing review ,we so appreciate you mentioning in great detail your one night stay which we hope will lead to more,you kindly explain how much we care and will do for our guests and it is our pleasure because we love what we do and we want to share this with all our guests.we hope to see all you girls again soon .
Best wishes
Claire, Duncan ,Dane and Coral x

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I highly recommend the Peniche Surf Lodge. Very comfortable, friendly...dare I say "cozy" location with a real home and family feel to it. Great location to head straight out, north, or south to find waves within a walk or 5 minute drive on either sides of the peninsulas. Prices are "Portugal - low" too...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is my home away from home. I have been staying here a lot over the last years to enjoy the surf and it feels like home. The place is sooo clean and well taken care off. I've been taking friends with me who loved it too! Highly recommended. Thanks Claire and Duncan, greetings from Holland and see you next time!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
claire H, Owner at Peniche Surf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

We thank you for your very kind words it means so much to us ,the pleasure is ours as not only is it fantastic to meet you and get to know you ,that you come back many times throughout the year we hope this continues and we wish you great waves every visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed there for one week and I didn't want to leave this place anymore. Claire and Duncan (the housekeepers) are really, really friendly and they try to help you where they can. You get a well equipped kitchen, a cosy living room, clean bathrooms, a terrace where you can leave your surf stuff, airportpick up and so on. Don't hesitate. You will like it!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A great place to stay! The owner Claire has bounds of energy and will do everything in her power to look after you! The hostel is good for all types of travellers - groups, couples and solo travellers alike. I was on my own but met lots of others during my stay. If you're here for the surf and don't have a car then don't worry because Claire will drive you to the beach! I'll definitely be back again in the future! Thanks again Claire for everything :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

From the first moment you feel welcome. The hostel is nicely family, it almost feeling of being at home. Personal warm welcome at the bus station. The hostel itself is always in a clean condition. The decor is very inviting. A clean kitchen with good cooking facilities - even with several people. On two floors, each with bathroom and toilet. The backyard offers space to switch off bikes, surfboards and wetsuits. Every day, free shuttleservice - including equipment - to the beach and get you up again. Duncan - itself an ambitious surfers :-) - can give you a lesson or introduce you to the various surf instructors ...on of them is Alex (a local Surf-Instructor). All in a very cordial and best accommodation for individuals, groups or families. I thank Duncan and Claire for the great time and I wish you continued success and good health for the future! With warm regards! Jannis

Room Tip: All rooms are all in a good condition. I was on the top floor. The temperature at night is very plea...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo