“Excellent Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Tandoori Village twice now and have been very impressed with the food both times. I usually order spicy food and absolutely loved the spicy chicken and lamb stews. The server asked me if I wanted spicy or "Indian spicy." LOL. I told them to bring the heat and it was indeed very hot (although not unbearable). Most of the dishes were served on a bed of delicious basmati rice. I definitely recommend getting the naan bread and trying out the flavored yogurt drinks. This establishment does not serve alcohol, so don't go there expecting to have a beer with dinner. Given the excellent food and non-alcoholic beverages, this was easy to overlook.

My only minor complaint is that the service here can be slow. A few times we found ourselves looking around for a server and feeling ignored when one of them would avoid eye contact when we obviously wanted something. Drinks were not refilled as often as we would have liked, especially given the spicy food. Expect to spend some time here because dinner/getting the check usually takes awhile.

Both times I visited this restaurant we had a Groupon in hand. The menu prices are pretty reasonable anyway but we usually wait for the Groupon to come out before we go.

We will definitely be back again for the excellent food. We have already recommended this restaurant to others and brought friends with us last time we went.

There are newer reviews for Tandoori Village

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's a weird location, but the food is good - decent sized portions and levels of spice. The kids love the tikka masala and the kebabs are very tasty. There are several varieties of naan, although we thought the plain was the best for dipping. It's a small place, but they do a great job of showcasing lots of great dishes.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I absolutely love the food here. We have been going regularly for the lunch buffet and everything is always very fresh and very tasty. Yes, the decor is not all that, the service sometimes is not the best but the food is delicious. The naan is always hot and fresh.

Definitely recommend this place if you like Indian food.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Six of us went here last weekend. First visit here for all of us. First time in an Indian Restaurant for 4 of us. I was impressed with the food in general. I can't really say what we all had but the Shrimp I had was good but my wife thought her Shrimp dish was so so. A couple of the others loved their dishes. I would go back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Indian food and the spicy is really spicy. For one dish, my mother had tears rolling down her face. The lamb was excellent, as was the naan. Unless you're really hungry, one entree and naan could also be lunch the next day. Not too pricey, adequate parking, and attentive service.