“Stay here if you're with kids!”

Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Chicago, Illinois
“Stay here if you're with kids!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Residence Inns in general are great if you are traveling with kids and need more space than an average hotel room. We stayed for three nights in a 2-br suite and had an excellent experience. As others mentioned, the breakfast service here great with lots of different options. They have a cute courtyard with ample seating, indoor pool, and basketball court. Housekeeping did a fantastic job. Hotel seemed especially clean. Close to Interstate 66.

Room Tip: I would ask NOT to be directly over the courtyard area, as often there are people outside late.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SusanH98
, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear SusanH98 - I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in Manassas. One of the reasons you enjoyed staying with us; rooms bigger than average hotel room, was the reason Marriott designed the Residence Inn! I will certainly pass along the comments to our breakfast staff, who pride themselves in the service they provide our guests. Please keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Manassas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
WDWmichelle
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here because we were attending a wedding in the area. I have stayed at Residence Inns before and always been happy, but decided to review this particular one due to the excellent service received here.

I was amazed at the breakfast service. Our first morning there, they offered to make our waffles since we had small children with us. As the weekend went on (it was Memorial Day) it was too crowded for them to do this, but they always had good, fresh food set out and were on top of things. The breakfast staff was extremely helpful.

The manager on duty helped me at the front desk, and during the rest of our stay referred to me by name. Great memory.

The only slight, (and I do mean slight) hiccup was that the maid did not see the "Service Later" sign on the door and wanted to come in while we were there (this happened twice) but it was no big deal.

The location was good, and there were a lot of restaurants in the area as well as shopping. Dulles Airport was only 20 min away, as well as the Air and Space Museum. My kids loved the pool.

I don't know if this is something new Residence Inn is doing, or just this location, but they had Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioners. Awesome! We had just stayed at a Residence in 3 weeks earlier and they did not have this, so I don't know if this is something new or just for this location.

Fresh coffee, plus hot water for hot chocolate and tea was nice to have available. All in all a very nice stay.

1 Thank Michelle d
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We booked this hotel thu Tingo and ended up getting $91 back after our initial booking since the price dropped! What a great deal (it was $99/night). The hotel is easy to find, check in was smooth, the room was a good size with full kitchen (though we really didn't use it at all) and very clean and the overall appearance of the hotel was great. Pool was a bit cold and the hot tub was way too hot (I don't think anyone has checked on it in a while---the board where they log the temp and PH levels said 05-02-2012 and this was on 05-27-212!) The breakfast was hot and plentiful but very crowded (I had to clear a table myself, then clean off the syrup with a dishrag). Overall, we'd definitely stay here again!

Northern VA
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed one night in a 2 bed room suite. The room was very spacious (we had 2 adults and 5 kids!) The layout was helpful 2 bedrooms and a pull out couch for our party. The staff at the Residence Inn were great, they went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. We were picnicing in the garden area and the manager brought us over napkins and offered to help clean up. Plus they let us check in early and check out late.

Union, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, the place could have been a little cleaner, it had cobwebs on the ceiling but over all it was clean. A few little items had damage like the shower curtain was torn on the edge. But I've seen worse. Breakfast on the other hand was terrific, eggs to waffles plus muffins and bagels and cereal and oatmeal. They had coffee 24 hours and the staff was nice. We didn't have a problem at all it was nice for us to have the kitchen in the room, it gave us the option of cooking for ourselves or even heatinf up left overs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this Residence Inn for a funeral. It is clean and the staff are very courteous and always ready to help out. Stay away from the silver room keycards that say "elite"... I had to change mine 3 times...they don't work!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Go Global79, I am sorry to hear that you had a problem with your Key card, I am sure this must have been frustrating. I am pleased to hear that even though you had this minor issue my staff was able to overcome this inconvenience you experienced. Please be sure to come and see us next time you are in the Manassas area.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel for a very decent price. Convenient to the local area with a very courteous staff. I would definitely stay here the next time I am in town.

Stayed March 2012
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Traveler, Thank you for the wonderful comments. My entire staff strives to deliver outstanding service and I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations!! We hope to see you on your next visit to the Manassas area.