“It's a chain, but it's still good.”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #18 of 307 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

People say that Olive Garden (or the OG as I call it) is overhyped, mainstream, tacky Italian food. But you know what, it would not be such a popular place if it weren't so good either. The truth is, OG is a guilty pleasure for me. I hate to admit it (because I love to go to upscale, unique Italian bistros) but I truly do love their menu.

This place was recently redone, so it looks a bit nicer. The hosts and wait staff are meh, nothing special or engaging. They suffer from "I work in a chain, no one cares about me or my attitude" syndrome. It may just be an in-between job, but your TIP will be bigger if you dazzle me and treat me well.

You can't really beat the value and the food, but this location gets so busy so quickly that it can be annoying. They don't have an organized system or large area to wait in, so people are strewn about outside waiting for their tables. Otherwise, no complaints really. Just go for the classically good food, not the service or the ambiance.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Friendly, helpful service - especially when faced with two tired children! Recommend the fettucine alfredo, and of course the salad and bread.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We hadn't been to an Olive Garden in a long time since there is not one where we live. The seafood di mare was delicious, very fresh. Our server Bryan was very knowledgable and friendly; he made our lunch very special. The prices were reasonable, and the chianti .... ah! Located near the interstate and lots of parking.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

wait staff here is very well trained, very good and prompt.food is good as well, very spacious for big groups, atmosphere is very welcoming ,good for families.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have been on several visits to Italy: Venice, Rome, Milan, Vicenza and so I was dubious that an American chain restaurant could produce decent Italian food. Our meals were excellent. We started with the stuffed mushrooms. Then I had the Eggplant Parmigiano and she had the Capellino di Mare (a seafood pasta with clams and mussels). I have never had such well-prepared eggplant. The portions were plentiful and seasoned to perfection. The breadsticks (although not really an Italian style) were excellent as well. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank AmateurAdventurer