“NOT THAT GREAT”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Our dinner at Panino was disappointing. The restaurant is located in seedy strip mall but is very nicely decorated inside. Appetizers and salads were delicious, but I ordered Mushroom lasagna and received Meat lasagna. She asked how everything was and I said there were no mushrooms in my lasagna. She responded with "There has to be, it's a mushroom lasagna". After inspection, she said the chef has switched the menu. I was totally surprised when I received the bill and was charged for the lasagna. Very disappointing! I will go somewhere that values me more as a customer. Dinner for 4 was $270.

There are newer reviews for Panino Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2010

As others have said, you'd never guess that a restaurant this good is located in a strip mall. Once you're inside, the atmosphere is calm and the service is very good. As for the menu, I really feel that the appetizers, salads and desserts are much better than the entrees in recent years. But don't let that discourage you--you can still get a pretty amazing meal at Panino. My favorites are the portabello mushroom appetizer, the pear and arugula salad, and the passionfruit cake for dessert. Oh, and of course, the bread is to die for! For the entrees, don't even look at the menu and just order one of the daily specials--that's usually the safest bet.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

Panino's has fabulous food and a great atmosphere. You would not think a place like this existed in Manassas!

Reviewed November 22, 2009

Panino's proves that old saying - don't judge a book by its cover. What you see is an undistinguished storefront in and old, tired strip mall, but behind that storefront hides some of the best dining in the area. Guys, this is the kind of place you take your best girl before the prom, or your wife for your wedding aniversary. The decor is simple, the atmosphere quiet, and the service gracious. The rather short wine list can be had by the glass or the half-bottle. The meal is preceded by warm, crusty bread. The menue, though very good, is rather short. But the real star of the show is the impressive list of nightly specials. Or our recent visit, I ordered one of the specials - lamb ravioli - preceded by pasta e fagioli, while my wife ordered a pasta dish from the menue. All were excellent, as was the creme brule we shared for dessert. The bill (two meals, one soup, one dessert, and wine) came to $96.

Reviewed December 10, 2008

Panino is a perfect dining experience. My parents and I have been eating there for most of my life, and the high quality of the food has never wavered.

Tucked into a sad-looking strip mall in Manassas lies a clean, bright restaurant staffed with a cheery hostess and excellent servers who manage to memorize a huge list of specials each night.

And oh, the specials! The standard menu is great (I have not found a caesar salad to equal theirs in 20 years), but every night there are about 10 different appetizer, entree and even dessert specials made with fresh seasonal ingredients.

The bread is crusty, hearty and warm and is one of my favorite parts of going to Panino. Their dishes are cooked to perfection, and the portion sizes are perfect - never skimpy, never overwhelming. If you have saved room, a luscious dessert tray appears after the meal with around 8 different items to choose from. I have never had a bad dessert at Panino.

Who would have thought that the best Italian restaurant in Northern Virginia was in Manassas? If you are looking for a first-class dining experience in NoVA but don't live right in the city, head to Panino. I promise that you will not be disappointed!