“Good honest Cajun cooking!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Okra's Cajun Creole
Ranked #3 of 292 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As a popular gathering place for locals and area visitors, Okra's guests can be found nightly enjoying happy hour specials, chatting around the bar or dining on authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine. At Okra's you are sure to find a restaurant rich in local history and alive with color, flavor and some of the best food in Manassas.
Falls Church, VA
“Good honest Cajun cooking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

If you are gonna go off your diet, this is a great place to do it! The fried gator and fried okra appetizers were delicious. And they have great Louisiana beers like Abita. They even know how to make a Sazerac cocktail. The owner Charles is the real deal, always smiling and a gracious host who goes out of his way to make sure you are being taken care of. We showed up the Saturday before Mardi Gras, Valentine's day weekend without a reservation - and he still scrambled to get us a table. The decor is a little schmaltzy but don't come for that, come for the great food, friendly service, and general craziness.

Manassas, VA
“Okra's is closer to New Orleans than to Manassas.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

I've eaten at Okra's a couple of times in the past two weeks and have been really impressed with the food and service. While the restaurants namesake is good as a fried appetizer, it's not great (a little too heavy of a batter - better suited for deep-frying mushrooms) but it is good.
A real stand-out appetizer is the fried oysters - yikes! they rock!
Really good entrees that I've had are the redbeans and rice with andouille; the dirty rice with chicken (although the chicken was just a little dry) and the fried catfish.
Great cocktails and a pleasant assortment of beers too.
If you're in the mood for Cajun and you can't get to Louisiana for you next meal, try Okra's.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Gainesville, Virginia
“Beat of a zydeco drum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

We decided to give Okras a try after growing bored of the usual PW fare. We happened by on a busy Friday night and decided on outdoor seating. Staff was courteous and obvoisly busy rushing around the packed tables. There was a musician playing but they played mostly 80's-90's standards instead of a more New Orleans theme. My GF ordered the shrimp and grits and i had the crawfish etouffee. Hers was decent, albeit a bit bland. My was definitely the better of the two but still lacked a strong Cajun flair that I was looking for. This could probably be attributed to the local palate though. We plan on visiting again on a less busy night to try some other menu options. Overall a pretty decent place to eat.

Alabama
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

On my way back to Washington D.C. we decided to stop in at Old Town Manassas. After walking around we decided to try Okras. The food was authentic and very appealing. Good prices and great service. Thank you. we will try you again on our next visit back to the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2008

I live in Manassas and wanted to take my visiting dad and uncle to a good restuarant, comparable to the many they visit in West Palm Beach and New York respectively.
We showed up at Okra's around 5.30pm and was promptly seated by a courteous and friendly maitre'd. I was happy about that because I had my two kids with me. MY dad and uncle ordered the margaritas and we placed an order for appetizers. They loved the margaritas and ordered another round before we left. I had the corn and crab soup and it was absolutely amazing! My uncle had the gumbo and my dad ordered the rice and beans for us to try. Be forewarned, they are both spicy and completely tasty! I was completely taken off guard by the medly of spices and just extremely tasty food brought before us. For our entrees, my dad and uncle ordered the specials and I ordered the penne orleans. We were ALL satisfied and ate everything off our plate! We finished off the night trying the creme brulee and were extremely pleased with it. Not only was the chef right on the button with its consistency, smoothness and richness, but they served it in a very appropriate size dish. (some restuarants feel more is better with creme brulee but I disagree).
All in all it was a pleasant evening for us all. I was very appreciative of the staff who seated us immediately and brought my kids' meals out even before our appetizers! They were attentive, efficient and very friendly. We asked to meet the owner because we heard he was in the kitchen and had actually made the creme brulee. He came out and was the nicest, down to earth restuarant owner I have met in awhile. He truly enjoys what he does and it reflects in the food, service and atmosphere. You MUST give him a visit!
Also, for fine dining, check out his restuarant next door called Foundations. I know I wilL!