“Awesome food! Great lunch spot in Manassus”

Okra's Cajun Creole
Ranked #4 of 337 Restaurants in Manassas
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As a popular gathering place for locals and area visitors, Okra's guests can be found nightly enjoying happy hour specials, chatting around the bar or dining on authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine. At Okra's you are sure to find a restaurant rich in local history and alive with color, flavor and some of the best food in Manassas.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Found this place on yelp and decided to try it out for lunch. excellent food and decent prices! The corn bread is to die for! Can't wait to go here again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Tried this local place recently - a bit difficult to get to during rush hour with all the small crazy one way streets and limited parking areas - but it was a good stop. Had spicy shrimp and pasta dish and it was delish. Pasta a tad overcooked and mushy but had good flavors. We started with the deviled eggs which were also good and a sharing sized portion. Waitress was clearly not having a good nite but we didn't let it spoil our dinner.

1  Thank NashBarbie
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My mom and I went up to Manassus to visit the Bull Run Battleground and wanted to grab a bite to eat before we headed home. Did a quick search on my phone and found this place (what would we do without technology) hah! It had good reviews and sounded delicious and it was something different from typical Applebee's or Chilis. We were NOT disappointed. We ordered Gumbo, crab corn chowder and cornbread to start. Then we split the blackened catfish wrap and banana foster dessert. Everything was sooooooo yummy. Flavors were on point. Service was excellent too! I can't wait to go back and take my family and eat here again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is located in historic Old Town Manassas, Virginia. It's a charming, old town. It's a small place with a bar and tables.

Seating: There is nice outdoor seating which is probably very nice in the warmer months. I saw a band setting up one time so I think they have live music on the weekends, but I'm an early to bed early to rise type of guy so I didn't stick around to see how it was.

Food: My original complaint with this place was that everything was fried. Americans love their fried food: fried clams, fried catfish, fried everything else. But they expanded a few years ago and now have a grill. The new space used to be a cooking school I think so it's set up so you can watch the grill cook working away. We sat there one time, and the cook chit-chatted with us, and we got to see him working away. He said he was there when Michelle Obama came to visit. She went into the kitchen and greeted all the kitchen staff. At one time he ran out of sauce so we got to see how he made the sauce he was using. We tried it out the next day at home, and it was pretty good. They still make the fried food if that's what turns you on.

Drinks: I'm a beer man so I haven't tried the drinks, but Precious like the frozen margarita that they serve. They have on tap Abita Turbo Dog which is one of the best beers that I've ever had. I found a place where they sell it bottled, but it's not the same as on tap.

All-in-all this is a great local place for good food and good drinks.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Family-friendly but lively restaurant and bar with great energy. Great old town location with convenient parking nearby. Basics but well done with authentic ingredients and spiciness can be customized. Portion sizes were generous and made it a real value. Not pretentious and had a nice, genuine Cajun feel. Drinks were delicious and service was superb!

1  Thank JM W