“Good spicy cajun flavor”

Okra's Cajun Creole
Ranked #4 of 337 Restaurants in Manassas
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As a popular gathering place for locals and area visitors, Okra's guests can be found nightly enjoying happy hour specials, chatting around the bar or dining on authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine. At Okra's you are sure to find a restaurant rich in local history and alive with color, flavor and some of the best food in Manassas.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visited on a Friday night and had perfect weather to sit outside. They had live music which made for a nice evening atmosphere.
Service (hostesses, food delivery) was great except for our actual server who was definitely not a conversationalist and wouldn't win any awards for enthusiasm. About the only sentence he used...four times...was "Everything good?" A man of many words.
The firecracker shrimp and fried okra starters were both good. The husband got the half po boy sandwich with a cup of gumbo soup and said he'd order them again. Portions seemed a little small but we did leave satisfied.
We'll visit again. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a very good Cajun restaurant in Manassas, VA. I grew up in Louisiana so I've had good cajun food. If you live in New Orleans you may be able to find better, but for those of us who don't this is about as good as you can expect. The seasoning is good and spicy, reminds me of living in New Iberia and Lafayette. I've only had the crawfish etouffee and fried okra, but my wife had the red beans and rice and loved it. I was skeptical of a Cajun restaurant outside Louisiana but this one surprised me. The atmosphere is good and the location is in old town Manassas near the train station. The Manassas Civil War Museum just a couple blocks away. Okra's prices are very fair so give it a try if you're in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Food was better than average - I would not recommend the tiramisu though. I like real sweetened iced tea but I'd say stay away from it unless you want a sugar overdose.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've been here a few times. Every time I've been disappointed. The food is so so. The service each time was horrible, but the atmosphere is nice. Especially when they are open on the street. So I think thats what brings people in more than anything else. I'm married to a cajun, so we know real cajun food. I really wish the food and service were better. I'm sure we'll give it another shot one day. Maybe then my rating can go up.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great food with good prices. Everything I have tried has been good. I live locally and it is a regular spot I go to for Happy Hour, Lunch or Dinner. Try the alligator bites for something new. The Gumbo is amazing and spicy. All of the Po boys are delicious. Purple Haze beer is on draft and they serve it in fun glasses. If it is nice weather sit outside and enjoy live music!