“Good cajun food in Virginia”

Okra's Cajun Creole
Ranked #3 of 295 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As a popular gathering place for locals and area visitors, Okra's guests can be found nightly enjoying happy hour specials, chatting around the bar or dining on authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine. At Okra's you are sure to find a restaurant rich in local history and alive with color, flavor and some of the best food in Manassas.
Northern Virginia
“Good cajun food in Virginia”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a very good Cajun restaurant in Manassas, VA. I grew up in Louisiana so I've had good cajun food. If you live in New Orleans you may be able to find better, but for those of us who don't this is about as good as you can expect. The seasoning is good and spicy, reminds me of living in New Iberia and Lafayette. I've only had the crawfish etouffee and fried okra, but my wife had the red beans and rice and loved it. I was skeptical of a Cajun restaurant outside Louisiana but this one surprised me. The atmosphere is good and the location is in old town Manassas near the train station. The Manassas Civil War Museum just a couple blocks away. Okra's prices are very fair so give it a try if you're in the area.

• Visited August 2013

MANASSAS
“Nice portions, good food, decent prices”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Food was better than average - I would not recommend the tiramisu though. I like real sweetened iced tea but I'd say stay away from it unless you want a sugar overdose.

• Visited August 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“I keep trying”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've been here a few times. Every time I've been disappointed. The food is so so. The service each time was horrible, but the atmosphere is nice. Especially when they are open on the street. So I think thats what brings people in more than anything else. I'm married to a cajun, so we know real cajun food. I really wish the food and service were better. I'm sure we'll give it another shot one day. Maybe then my rating can go up.

Visited October 2012
Northern VA
“Small but Big Taste”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great food with good prices. Everything I have tried has been good. I live locally and it is a regular spot I go to for Happy Hour, Lunch or Dinner. Try the alligator bites for something new. The Gumbo is amazing and spicy. All of the Po boys are delicious. Purple Haze beer is on draft and they serve it in fun glasses. If it is nice weather sit outside and enjoy live music!

Visited July 2013
Stephens City, Virginia, United States
“Good Food & Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to Okra with a large group of friends looking for a fun night and some good food. The cajun-inspired menu had some great options and we enjoyed trying some food that was out of our comfort zone. We shared several of the appetizers and entrees and the food, while nothing to write home about, was well-seasoned and had a lot of bold flavors.

The atmosphere was fun, out-of-the-box, and definitely had the New Orleans-bayou feel. We enjoyed our server and being seated near the open kitchen was a neat experience. Unfortunately, the restaurant does not take reservations, so while they do accommodate groups, plan on arriving early - otherwise you'll be waiting awhile for a table.

My one complaint is that the menu seemed to be overpriced. If you're planning on having drinks, apps, entrees, and desserts be prepared to spend close to $100, which seems extremely high considering this is not a "fine dining" restaurant.

All in all, our experience is above average, and while we won't frequent Okra very often, I could see us returning again as long as we're prepared to pay for it.

• Visited April 2013