“EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE”

Okra's Cajun Creole
Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Manassas
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As a popular gathering place for locals and area visitors, Okra's guests can be found nightly enjoying happy hour specials, chatting around the bar or dining on authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine. At Okra's you are sure to find a restaurant rich in local history and alive with color, flavor and some of the best food in Manassas.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was a bit hesitant to try Okra's while in VA last week on business. It was a pleasant surprise to enter a nice restaurant with a cute New Orleans decor, great zydeco music, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff and GREAT food! Try the Cajun Deviled Eggs - yummy! Gumbo was the best I've ever had - even from New Orleans. Even our cocktails were great. I definitely recommend Okra's!

There are newer reviews for Okra's Cajun Creole

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had the small town atmosphere that made dinning fun. Would be great for a couple or friends to go to. Food was good, not quite a Louisiana fare but will go back when in town. Tasty desserts.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

While visiting my daughter and son in law in Va I asked where they would want to go for their birthdays. They recommended OKRA’S in Manassas Va. Now I’m a born and bred New Englander but I studied and lived in Louisiana for a few years. Trust me, I have been to the best, the priciest, as well as the most modest of places throughout Louisianna. I also experienced true country cooking that the state has to offer and I loved it. So when they recommended Okra’s my mouth started to water. Visions of Gumbo, etoufee, jambalaya, crayfish, shrimp and oysters starting dancing in my head. The place is neat and really colorful. It is a welcome break from the endless supply of similar homogenized franchises that seem to pop up in every city throughout the country. It is decorated similar to some of the modest restaurants I have visited while living in the Sportsman’s Paradise. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The bar is fun and active which is very typical of New Orleans. The menu was promising and seems to offer some of the favorites I craved. For appetizers we ordered fried oysters and fried Okra. The oysters were tasty but smaller than the oysters I remembered from Felix’s or Acme Oyster Bars. We ordered a smattering of a few dishes in order to satisfy our palettes. I was very disappointed to find that they did not offer a traditional seasoned crayfish boil. What did catch my eye was a sandwich we used to order regularly from Central Grocery in New Orleans, the Muffaletta with the traditional green olive spread. The Shrimp dishes were good but did not hold up to LA standards. The Muffaletta was very good and took me back to college days. So unless you are prepared to jump in the car and drive the 1,100 odd miles to New Orleans, Okra goes a long way to attempt to satisfy that urge.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good food, good music, good beer. Everything we had was great! Hard to find crawfish at all up here, let alone done well, but man, were they good.

1  Thank Josh G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Met friends (who are regulars) for our first time in Okra's. we had a great time, great food (alligator bites and shrimp & grits) and great service! Hubby had the pork chops and said it was excellent.
Definitely recommend Okra's to anyone in the area. We'll be back!

1  Thank mwcspitfire