“Nice Restaurant - Good Cajun Food”

Okra's Cajun Creole
Ranked #3 of 307 Restaurants in Manassas
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As a popular gathering place for locals and area visitors, Okra's guests can be found nightly enjoying happy hour specials, chatting around the bar or dining on authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine. At Okra's you are sure to find a restaurant rich in local history and alive with color, flavor and some of the best food in Manassas.
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Located in the heart of Old Town, Manassas, VA is this small restaurant. The food is pricey but awesome. The atmosphere is great and the waiter we had was wonderful. They also offer music and we hit it twice now: one night with music and anothe night without. We very much enjoyed both evenings - but we prefered not having music for a more romantic evening. Definitely don't miss this authentic Cajun menu!!

1  Thank Annie M

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Went there for Mother's Day dinner and was treated like a queen! The inside has the look and feel of a Big Easy eatery. Very comfortable and friendly feel. Since it was a nice evening though, I was happy we were able to get a table streetside on the patio. Service was wonderful, food was amazing - had the Steak Tallulah which was cooked to perfection. Save room for dessert! Bread pudding with whiskey sauce....yum!

1  Thank holycowva
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This resturant could be better. It is small and crowded, the layout could be better. My food arrived and was not really hot, patrons go in and out to stand out front at the entrance to smoke...hard to enjoy a meal with this going on...seems more of a bar then a resturant. I was given a menu that had 3-4 ants crawling on it...i pass..the food was good, could have done better...

1  Thank Vanative58
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I went with a friend for dinner, and everything we had was so good! We had food coma after eating, because we couldn't stop! This was definitely some of the best Creole style food I have in quite some time.

This everything I tried, and all of it was good. And by good, I mean I have eaten in New Orleans many times so I have something authenticate to compare it to.

Cornbread (perfect amount of saltiness, sweetness, and buttery flavor). There is only one place I have even been to that has better cornbread (in Texas).

Gumbo, I have had too many gumbos to count, but this one was definitely good in everyway.

Grits, these are authentic "stone" grits from New Orleans. They were the second best grits I have ever had (the best was in Atlanta).

Oysters...the oysters here were to die for! I had two types: a spicy andouille sausage/corn/oyster/chakta(?) sauce, and a bacon/spinach/parmesan/oyster. These were so good, I contemplated only filling my stomach with them.

Catfish and steak with grilled potatoes & veggies. Both were delicious, no complaints about either. Being from Texas, I have high standard on beef, especially steak...and this was a pretty decent steak.

1  Thank Aaron B
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Okra's is a fun place to go for lunch. It has a nice selection of menu items and the staff is very friendly.