New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Pollo Campero

Pollo Campero
Ranked #192 of 275 Restaurants in Manassas
Manassas, Virginia
“A tiny change of pace...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place opened up a few months ago, maybe a year. I had always been curious about going in to try their chicken, since they boast having the best Latin American chicken. So I finally went in yesterday, and it was pretty good. I wouldn't jump right to Earth shattering, but if you are looking for a change from the overly greased, tiny pieces of chicken at KFC, then I suggest giving this place shot. I got regular fried chicken (will try the grilled next time), which was not nearly as greasy as KFC, was seasoned nicely, and was juicy. I got a side of the black beans and rice (think Popeyes type of side) and a piece of bread. Overall, was pleased enough to return to try something else. The interior could use a little work in the sense that ordering is a hassle if you dont speak Spanish. It took a few minutes to get my order straight, and I realize it is a Latin American restaurant...But lets cut to the chase and recognize that it's in fast food heaven in Manassas.

I'll definitely try other menu items, and maybe my review will change!

• Visited September 2012