“OK food, stark interior”

Mackey's American Pub
Ranked #177 of 307 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American
Description: phone # 703-330-1534
Description: phone # 703-330-1534
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a Groupon and we tried to go for lunch, but couldn't find any one upstairs (which in non-smoking) even though the restaurant was supposedly open for lunch. So we went back a few days later for supper. The bartender was friendly and the service was decent. The ribs and steak were both fine, but not stellar. I wouldn't object to going back but it wouldn't be my first choice. And, I really don't like having to go upstairs for non-smoking. I doubt my father could up the stairs and then I wouldn't want him coming down.

1  Thank Miriam V

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Servers are friendly enough, but the restaurant is shabby without the chic. Food can only be recommended to fasting ascetics looking for inspiration.

1  Thank suchagirl
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Service was great, food was above average for a bar but nothing to write home about. we had ribs and the crab cakes.

1  Thank cheryl d
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've eaten here several times and the food and service is always very good. The scallops are have been fantastic the couple times I had them. Also used resteraunt.com coupons which makes it an even better value.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Not bad but not that great either. Aside from the long wait for service, it's just average. There are better choices in old town.

Dan M, Owner at Mackey's American Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Can I get some information please so that we can improve? What time of day did you visit? was it busy or slow? What did you order?