“Great Lil' Find” 4 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
Super Chicken
Ranked #32 of 275 Restaurants in Manassas
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great Lil' Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. Forget the Styrofoam container and plates or the canned drinks. This place is all about the chicken. Billed as Peruvian/Brazilian rotisserie chicken, it's seasoned perfectly and fall-off-the bone juicy. The skin was crispy but the meat underneath tender and tasty. A half-chicken, two sides and a drink for under $10. The staff was friendly and quick. It's not a place for a sit-down business meal, but its a great place to pick up a family meal on the way home or a good alternative for a hotel guest looking to avoid the same-old chain fare.

• 4 of 5 stars

The Plains, VA
“Five-star Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is one of those rare finds to which you return over and over -- and I'm guilty of taking too shallow a view of the menu, so enamored am I of their unique chicken and great rice. This is a wonderful place, highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ThePlainsman
Longwood, Florida
“Muy sabroso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Super Chicken is great and the staff is very friendly. The menu has a large variety of Peruvian fare. I went in and placed my order in Spanish and they spoke right back to me in Spanish, I liked that! I ordered 1/4 chicken and 2 sides, being beans and a salad. This was more than enough for dinner and I left feeling sated. The chicken was moist, tender, and delicious, as were the white and green sauces. I was glad that nothing had an overly salty taste. I enjoyed sitting there reading La Prensa Latina and watching Univision noticias! This was the perfect place for a good, fast, and healthy dinner, and I will be going back.

• Visited February 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
“A very good Pervian Chicken joint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have gone here several times over the last year. The chicken is really good. The sides are tasty (I really like the beans and yucca). There are a couple other places I like better in Northern VA (like Edys or El Pollo Rico), but this place is solid.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
King George, VA
“Eat and go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a really nice place if you're looking for something quick, tasty not fancy, and ambiance: fuhgeddaboutit! Its an order at the counter place, they bring you your food at your table. Paper plates (or maybe plastic), plastic utensils, canned sodas. *Very* basic! But quick! And did I say it was good! I'm not a stickler for ambiance, but this did cost the place a star :(
I ordered, went to the rest room and the server was putting my food at my table (self selected!) as I was coming back. I got the chicken (duh!), which was very tasty, and juicy. Stated as Peruvian Rotisserie. Not sure what makes it "Peruvian", but it was good!
The beans which were fine but made me wish I had ordered the rice to go with them. Corn as a half of a piece of corn on the cob, cooked perfectly and very good, nice large kernels.
Two types of sauce came with the meal in little paper cups. One was a green salsa, very tasty and spicy-hot. The other was a cream type of sauce, couldn't quite figure out what it was, but it was good too.
There is carry out and delivery, so if you live near by, you're in luck!
Super Chicken is off my beaten path so the odds are I won't get back (sad to say), but if I'm in the area again, I will.not.hesitate!!

• Visited August 2012