“Kids love it!”
Review of Deli Depot

Deli Depot
Ranked #54 of 295 Restaurants in Manassas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Made to order breakfast and Lunch items using the freshest ingredients, including make our own lunch meats. We make almost everything in house daily and use a ton of TLC.
Manassas, Virginia
“Kids love it!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Good good! My kids beg me to go here for breakfast and lunch and even ask for gift cards. Wonderful owners.

“Very good with one small complaint”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

You can tell that a lot of care goes into the sandwiches and service they provide. The food I ordered was very good however my only complaint would be they need a better ventilation system so that I don't walk out of the deli smelling like a grill.

1 Thank Pottssey
Bristow, Virginia
“Best deli in manassas.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Great deli, sandwiches are excellent as is the service. All the employees are friendly and keep the deli spotless.

Deli has a train theme to it, hence the name and being situated in old town.

Does close at 5 pm daily so plan accordingly.

Would definitely recommend. So nice to have someplace original that isn't a chain!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lovelierchicken
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A rare vacation find”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were visiting historical sites in the area Often on such trips you make do with chains and fast food. Based on reviews we drove out of our way and were rewarded for the effort. First, what we wanted was important to the staff. Our inquiry about vegetarian options was met with choices and recommendations. All food was delicious, well seasoned, and fresh. We wish we lived in area so we could eat there often. It was one of those delights that make the day special.

• Visited June 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“CHEERS--WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ever since we discovered the Deli Depot on Center Street in Manassas, Virginia, it just keeps calling us back. There is rarely a week that goes by that my wife and I don’t slip in for one of their delicious sandwiches or subs and their sweet potato fries. The latter are just to die for.

While I am trying to work my way through their extensive sandwich menu, my wife has decided for the moment that her favorite is a sub called, “The Streak.” The “Streak” is a combination of Baked Virginia ham, hot pepper relish, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese and mayo on a toasted sub roll—all for $6.99.

So far I have had the following sandwiches—“The Rip Van Winkle”, a classic Rueben with hot corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Thousand Island Dressing on Grilled Rye; the “City of New Orleans, smokey pulled barbeque pork, house made coleslaw (made by Joane or JoJo as she introduces herself) on a grilled Kaiser roll; the “Conductor’s Choice”, a combination of hot pastrami, corned beef, Swiss cheese, Cole slaw, Thousand Island dressing on grilled rye (you can have it on a sub roll if you wish); the “Adirondack, a combination of sliced turkey breast, provolone cheese, sliced tomato, coleslaw (the same house made slaw) and Thousand Island dressing on toasted whole wheat bread (you can have it on a sub roll). I have also had their chili on one other occasion. And I don’t think there is a time that we don’t have the sweet potato fries with ketchup—a single order is enough for two. Someday I’m going to go in and have nothing but a basket of sweet potato fries, ketchup, some Cole slaw and a cold soda—that’s how good they are.

Their sandwiches are absolutely overflowing with “The Works”—one of the reasons I generally have my sandwiches on bread rather than a sub roll. I don’t want the extra bread in a roll to interfere with the “stuffing” in the sandwich.

We haven’t been there for breakfast—too early for us but if breakfast is anything like the rest of the day, and I am sure it is, early risers get their fill.

As I have said before, this little deli tucked into a strip mall, is the place you have always looked for. If it was a bar, it would be called “Cheers”, where everybody knows your name. And if you enjoy a good give and take repartee, then be prepared to take on JoJo or the owner Art McCrea. They’re give and take will lighten your day. An example—my wife and I went to lunch there today, March 8, 2013 and when Art saw us drive up, he slipped over and locked the door and turned off the lights. When I pulled on the door and told my wife it was locked, I thought the place was closed or we were at the wrong door. As we turned to leave, Art burst through the door laughing so hard he was almost crying. And my wife and I nearly fell over laughing also.

So go there, stuff yourself with some really good food that Sean or Art put together and take time for a couple of great laughs. The next time you come back they will remember you. Oh, and if you decide to become a regular, sign up for their Appreciation Card—for every $100 you spend, you get $10 off on your next order.

PS—they also cater—breakfast and lunch. All reports are that they do it up right.

• Visited March 2013