“Decent for a Wheelchair”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Decent for a Wheelchair”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My favorite thing about Red Roof Inns -- the night stand with electrical outlets on the front of it!

I use a power wheelchair and travel alone, so an accessible room is very important to me. This place is acceptable. There is plenty of room to maneuver in the bathroom. The only drawback is the bathtub. If you want to shower, there is a fold down bench that is at tub height which can be a challenge since its lower than the average wheelchair. Its also what I call "an orangutang shower." You have to have arms the length of an orangutang's to reach the shower controls from the shower bench.

The accessible parking spaces directly outside the room are a bit too narrow for a van. I just snagged two standard spaces and had no problem.

Its an easy roll to the McDonald's around the corner. There are other places to eat across the street, but I think it would be safer to drive rather than roll across the street.

Overall, I'll probably stay there again for quick overnights.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Manasquan
Reviewed May 1, 2014

As usual, Red Roof Inn has made our stay a good one. We were able to leave our trailer at a warehouse we worked out of and had parking for the tractor half. Pet friendly as well with no pet fees! Always a plus for us! Checking in was quick, the counter clerk was very friendly and personable. The rooms have all been updated -our choice for 2 nights was the basic room (minus the fridge, microwave or any extras). While we enjoyed the new look and cleanliness of the room, I was disappointed in that there was an odor of previous pets which, even tho I bring my own air spray and used it vigorously, the room still smelled poorly. Too bad as this is a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Check out the pet room before needing one - make sure the pet odors aren't lingering.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ginny110411
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

First impression: well this elevator smells a lot like pee. This motel will be awful.

Then we got to the room and I was pleasantly surprised! The room was clean and didn't have any odors that indicated the pet-friendliness of the place. Plenty of room, beautiful bathroom counter with ample space, fast wifi, and a quiet night's sleep (also not what I expected. The rooms exit outside rather than to an inside hallway, which usually breeds some extra noise. Not this one!). Also walking distance from a shopping center with a lot of restaurants, a Walgreens, a grocery store, and lots more.

TRAVEL HAIKU:
Just one small complaint:
The towels were very rough.
But stay was quite good!

Stayed April 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The new renovations made this place a convenient, pet friendly and very affordable place to stay on my way driving south. Everything was very clean. Loved the superior king room, bed was very comfortable, like the parkay flooring instead of carpet, furniture and bath room was all new. Fast and free wifi. Nice 37" flat screen TV with enough channels. Wished I could have gotten a 1st floor, but could park close to room and stairs to room on 2nd floor. It was very quiet at night for sleeping.

I only wish they had better towels, they are small and thin - not what I use at home.....

Got a super rate on the room - booking it during a cyber sale back in November.

Room Tip: Ask for superior king room - has more room, microwave and refrig.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
West Virginia
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Seems to have been recently re-furbished, but it's like lipstick on a pig. My room had a new looking wood laminate floor, a coat of fresh paint, and a comfortable enough bed, but the room still felt old and worn out. My room in this 100% non-smoking hotel still smelled of stale smoke. The clientele appeared to be almost exclusively made up of burly chain smoking construction workers. Most booking sites show this as a 2 star hotel. I think any rating above 1 star is a stretch.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ricknewsom

Travelers are raving about these Manassas hotels

Buffalo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay at Red Roof Inn Manassas. Jeanne greeted us very pleasantly at the front desk and was very helpful and efficient. We were very comfortable for our one night stay, and in the morning, Jeff was very helpful at check out. Our room was very clean and neat, and our parrot loved sitting by the window watching the world go by! We had a great meal at the City Grille which was a stone's throw away.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Westtown NY
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof in at this location for the first time. As we have found other hotels in this chain to be very reasonable with clean rooms, no frills. Pet friendly. Recently renovated. The only negative is no breakfast of any kind. Several chain restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple