“Pleasantly Surprised & a Great Rate - free for pets” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised & a Great Rate - free for pets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The new renovations made this place a convenient, pet friendly and very affordable place to stay on my way driving south. Everything was very clean. Loved the superior king room, bed was very comfortable, like the parkay flooring instead of carpet, furniture and bath room was all new. Fast and free wifi. Nice 37" flat screen TV with enough channels. Wished I could have gotten a 1st floor, but could park close to room and stairs to room on 2nd floor. It was very quiet at night for sleeping.

I only wish they had better towels, they are small and thin - not what I use at home.....

Got a super rate on the room - booking it during a cyber sale back in November.

Room Tip: Ask for superior king room - has more room, microwave and refrig.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Seems to have been recently re-furbished, but it's like lipstick on a pig. My room had a new looking wood laminate floor, a coat of fresh paint, and a comfortable enough bed, but the room still felt old and worn out. My room in this 100% non-smoking hotel still smelled of stale smoke. The clientele appeared to be almost exclusively made up of burly chain smoking construction workers. Most booking sites show this as a 2 star hotel. I think any rating above 1 star is a stretch.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ricknewsom

Travelers are raving about these Manassas hotels

Buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My sister and I really enjoyed our stay at Red Roof Inn Manassas. Jeanne greeted us very pleasantly at the front desk and was very helpful and efficient. We were very comfortable for our one night stay, and in the morning, Jeff was very helpful at check out. Our room was very clean and neat, and our parrot loved sitting by the window watching the world go by! We had a great meal at the City Grille which was a stone's throw away.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Westtown NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof in at this location for the first time. As we have found other hotels in this chain to be very reasonable with clean rooms, no frills. Pet friendly. Recently renovated. The only negative is no breakfast of any kind. Several chain restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The rooms and service were good and worth for the money. Very close to most of the eatery, but you will hit lot of traffic if you are heading to DC or Herndon during the peak hours.Close to splash down Water park

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
rrimanassas, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments on our rooms and service. We hope to see the next time you travel to Manassas.
Hinesville, Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Manassas, Virginia last year and that time it was fine. I recently spent a couple of nights there and it was a little different. The rooms have been renovated so while they aren't big, they are nice. You have to pay extra for a fridge and microwave. When I first got there, I noticed the room smelled like a dog. I like dogs so it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but I ended up wishing I had my febreze. Plus, if you're allergic to dogs this probably isn't the hotel for you because they allow pets. The thing that bothered me the most was seeing a roach in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the bathroom. It was around the sink where my toothbrush and other things were. I tried to kill it and it got away from me! I was up in the middle of the night trying to kill a roach and lost track of it. It took me awhile to go back to sleep. Other negatives: there isn't any breakfast and very few stations on the t.v. Most of the channels are sports or news. Positives: the staff was friendly, it is close to the Interstate and to restaurants. There is a restaurant across the street from the hotel. It actually seemed to be more bar than restaurant. But, I got my food to go and it was really good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comments regarding the Red Roof Manassas. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Your feedback is very important to us and we hope to better serve you in the future.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

First time staying in a Red Roof property. I was not disappointed. It was comfortable, clean and conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. Positives: wood laminate floors (much cleaner than carpet), comfortable bed. Negatives: WiFi was weak (front desk person said it was due to overloaded useage)

Room Tip: Note that there is no breakfast offered and no microwave, refrigerator or coffee maker in the room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay We appreciate your comments on our wood flooring and comfortable beds. I am sorry the Wi-Fi signal was weak. We are in the process of upgrading our band width to improve the Wi Fi signal strength. We hope to see the next time your travels bring you to Manassas.