“very clean, affordable hotel”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our small dog. I had read some of the negative reviews and was a little concerned, but the room was recently remodeled & clean. The exterior could use a little attention, and may give a negative first impression, but we were very happy with our stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again. These rooms do open onto an exterior walkway (not interior hallway). Traveling with a dog, we prefer this, but I know some are concerned about security, so I felt it is worth mentioning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you travel to Manassas.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed there several times now and for the area, I think it's a good deal. The rooms have been updated and are very nice. The rate is very reasonable compared to the other hotels in the area. Every time I've been there the staff has been very nice. Last time I was in Manassas, I had to stay at the Quality Inn across the street, and it made me realize how good Red Roof Inn really is. At the Quality Inn, the staff was rude and the room was overpriced. I would recommend Red Roof to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the positive feedbak regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time you visit Manassas.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel rooms and lobby were renovated in the last 6 months. Beds were comfortable, rooms were quiet; bathrooms were also remodeled and functioned well. Air conditioner was VERY quiet. Room refrigerators lacked freezer space. No breakfast but we enjoyed breakfast at Denny's and had very good dinners at City Grille--a short walk across the parking lot. The room was the best value in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Route 66; it's quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room was the usual red roof inn quality... with all the usual equipment....

The AC is unfortunately noisy, you can't sleep with it on!

The hotel is relatively close to IAD, but note the traffic is quite high even at 6:30-7 am! So allocate at least 30 mins to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Manassas.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Room had been completely updated and was very clean. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Lots of eating choices are within easy driving distance. It seemed like a busy inn, so I would recommend making a reservation.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see again the next time you pass through Manassas.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

In early July, we were victims of a very bad storm that knocked out electricity in thousands of homes and businesses. We searched for hours for a hotel finding all hotels booked solid. We left our name with Jean, the Desk Manager at the Red Roof. She said she'd call us if a room opened up. Even the Inn was having issues with their office systems, but this didn't keep Jean from being both cheerful and helpful in the face of challenges. We were so thankful when Jean called and said "I have a room for you." The room was neat and clean. We could even bring our two dogs. Thank you again JEAN!!

Room Tip: Rooms off streetside are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad Jeanne was able to secure a room for you after that dreadful storm. I will be sure to commend Jeanne for the outstanding service she provided. Thank you again we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Although I booked on Priceline and paid, I didn't stay. I drove up and there were a group of people drinking beer on the 2nd floor balcony. Others were running around in their "nighties." Um...left and stayed at a nearby hotel. It didn't feel safe.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comments regarding the Washington DC - Manassas Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology for the actions of the people you commented about. Thanks you again for your response.