New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Provo, UT
“Great stay for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I booked my room online about a month before my trip. When I arrived, I was slightly nervous about having exterior doors (I prefer a closed hotel environment), but overall I had excellent customer service and a great stay. I had a king bed, nonsmoking room. As I entered the room, I could smell stale smoke. I called the desk and they moved me into an equivalent room immediately, no questions asked.

My second room was clean and met all of my expectations for both the bed, professional desk (nice bonus I wasn't counting on), and bathroom.

Excellent freeway and food access.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew N
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad we were able to immediately take care of the smoking smell issue. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again next time you pass through Manassas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

This motel seemed newly remodeled and we think they've done an excellent job with it. The bed was comfortable, the flooring was a wood floor with a think plastic laminate, and the shower head was huge with excellent pressure. The LCD TV had HBO and a McDonald's was next door. The room was only $60. Which was quite a bit lower than the other motels in the area even though this motel had a modern updated room which I doubt the others have. Excellent value for the price. Keep in mind that this is still a roadside motel, and there seemed to be one or two sketchy characters about - but that's par for the course in most places of this type. If you're on your way to Shenandoah, this motel is an excellent overnighter.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ivanhny
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you pass through Manassas.
Warren, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Good clean room for family of four. Stayed in for 4 days. A touch smaller than most two bed room's I've been in but not much. No smells. NIce wood laminated floors. Staff was friendly enough. No continental BF just coffee in the entrance area. Vending machines and ice available. Water pressure was very good. WiFi wasn't very good in room 126. Basic cable with 2 HBO channels for TV. Would stay there gain if returning to DC area. Very good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rekx
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you found great value in our hotei. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time your in Manassas.
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was a little skeptical of staying in a drive-up motel (i.e. no interior corridors for safety sake) being alone on a trip and wanting to save money. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms were very clean and updated. I'm used to cheaper hotels having peeling paint or lousy showers but this room was great. It even had a microwave, mini-fridge, and safe plus the mattress was great (I have a sleep number and I usually struggle to sleep in hotel beds - not this time), the shower was clean and had great water pressure (plus the shower head was high to accomodate taller people), the room had wood laminate floors, and all the furniture was sleek and clean. This is a real bargain! I definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor facing the 'front' of the hotel. The staff said this was the quietie...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sguthiel
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to hear that you found a great value in our hotel!. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time you pass through Manassas.
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect as we've never stayed at a Red Rood Inn before. The staff (Mary) at check in was wonderful, courteous and helpful. The room was fantastic - newly renovated: clean and bright, spacious and comfortable. My room was on the side nearest the big highway (Route 66) and we couldn't even tell it was there (no noise from the traffic). We have two small dogs that were more than welcome to stay with no extra charge. We will definitely be staying there again if we need a local hotel and won't hesitate to refer friends and family! Thanks Red Roof Inn, esp. Mary!
Sarah, Chris, Murphy & Phoebe

Room Tip: Bottom floor near the back is great location for folks with dogs!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay. I will be sure to give Mary special recognition for her good work. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again!
Lynchburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

Inn is being renovated and is almost completed, the new rooms are very sharp. It is a great location for Northern Virginia and a great value. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Great staff-Mary. Jean, and Carrie.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lynchburg_VASamsdad
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay. I will be sure to give Mary, Jeanne and Keri special recognition for their good work. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again the next time your pass through Manassas.
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We had reserved a king non-smoking room. The first room we were assigned had a heavy stale-smoke odor. The replacement room had a heavy new-paint odor. The last available room was an ADA room and had very little counter or vanity space; even it had a lingering smoke odor. We found the last occupant's beer and other beverages in the refrigerator. This hotel is undergoing major renovations at this time (Sept 2011), so workers and equipment are all over the place. Parking spaces adjacent to the hotel are also off-limits due to construction. Workers hang around outside the lobby and outside rooms smoking cigarettes. As with most Red Roof Inns we've visited, in-room coffee makers are not available. This RRI does not offer coffee in its lobby until about 6:00, so early risers had better bring your own coffee and pot! This experience, along with another RRI experience on this trip, prompted us to cancel our next RRI reservation and take our chances elsewhere. At least the competing hotel has an in-room coffeemaker and even a light breakfast offering.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaPip
rrimanassas, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Washington DC - Manassas Red Roof Inn I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology. Since your stay we have completed our renovation and converted all rooms to non smoking. We do not offer a coffee maker in all rooms only our Superior King room. I am sorry we do not offer a light breakfast but sholud have coffee in our lobby available 24 hours. Thank you again for your response. Jeff Peterson General Manager, Red Roof Inn Manassas.

Travelers are raving about these Manassas hotels