“Best Italian Food in Prince William County” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bella VIta Italian Restaurant

Bella VIta Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 275 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Best Italian Food in Prince William County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Wonderful Italian restaurant hidden away in a nondescript strip mall off of Liberia Ave. A friend recommended as we are always on the lookout for unique restaurants in Prince William - very difficult to find non-chain Italian. On the many visits that we have made, we have always enjoyed excellent food and excellent service at Bella Vita. My wife and I have tried several pasta dishes and the pizza; the traditional chicken parmesan, the baked chicken cannelloni, and baked manicotti are my favorites. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for the best Italian restaurants in Prince William outside the chain Olive Garden types.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LibMan

Manassas, VA
“5 stars for good casual Italian dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We started off with a quartino of red wine, the 2nd one on their list of reds, very good. The tomato basil soup was very good that we shared. I had the Tortellini Milano and my wife had the special which was a bolognese lasagna. They were both delicious and were what we would expect to see on Carmello's menu as well. Hers even had plenty of sauce on the plate to enjoy, as did mine. The dinner salads were okay, but kalamata type black olives instead of the canned with homemade croutons. We finished off with a special strawberry tiramisu from Valentine's Day, nice change (I don't do regular tiramisu due to the coffee). Next time for dessert we will be getting those chocolate profiteroles. Told him that Sorrento, Italy restaurants do lemon profiteroles, and Tulio said he may be doing a limoncello creme brulee. $48.56 for two, excluding tip. Had read reviews that were not so good, so hesitated to try, but glad we did! Will definitely go back. Downside: new waiter, friendly, but had to persuade her to find out what the special was and what was in it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Viaggiante
Manassas, Virginia
“Tulio is handling his business, sorry to see Joe gone...Should be in top 5 in Manassas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went recently with the wife for dinner, as usual always GREAT.....had a pasta dish that was to die for with shrimp, garlic, pesto, etc...can't remember the name but it was fabulous...Wife had the Salmon with crab, wonderful mashed potatoes, and spinach....Soup was divine, rolls incredible...Great Food, well prepared, very good prices, good atmosphere, and really great service....Love Nastia..... great server
This place should be ranked much higher on the local rankings at least top 5 .....

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank BigDaddy3n
Burke
“AWESOME, great food, & fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just a delightful surprise! I thought Carmello's was the only Italian restaurant in Manassas because that is the only one anyone ever mentions to me when I ask for recommendations in this area. Well this little hidden gem in a strip mall-like setting was a very nice surprise ! I took my two teenagers out last night and they both said this place was,,,"DANK !" (look it up in Urban dictionary and it refers to potent pot but teenagers now use this word to refer to something of high quality!) I dreamed about the Calamari appetizer ,,it was just simply superb! I want my own next time ! But as a woman who spent 20+ years in the restaurant industry both as a server and then in management for many years, I must say the service was incredible. They approached immediately even though the place was packed annd checked back at every necessary interval. There was a 15 minute wait on a Thursday night at 7:00 so apparently I am not the only one aware of this place! They used a team system. The two young hostesses even skimmed their eyes across tables and one left mid-sentence while chatting with her buddy to come clear a plate from our table !! Come on...where can one get this type of service in this day and age unless you are at a $$$$ or 4-star restaurant?? Anyway, we experienced it here at very reasonable prices, generous portions and DANK food !! By the way, of the three main dishes we ordered..all great...we all loved the mushroom Gnocchi the most!

• Visited December 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“Average average average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here on three separate occasions and never been very impressed. The food has always been average. I have never had anything that made me want to return. So if OK consistent food is what you want this may be the place.

• 4 of 5 stars