“Yummy”

Add it.
Sumo Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #93 of 307 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: A great place to enjoy the unique dining experience on hibachi grills, delicious sushi dishes, and authentic Japanese cuisine. Learn more at our website.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We go here often and love the fun of watching our food cooked in front of us. Always very tasty. Have not tried the sushi bar but that is on our list.

1  Thank Gens328

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Eric the sushi chef is an absolute sweetheart and makes great sushi. He has learned that I don't like big bites and cuts smaller pieces for me. The miso soup is the best. Have not tried the tapanaki but I have watched the show for other diners. Very entertaining and the word of mouth is that the food is delicious. They also serve Sake.

1  Thank suchagirl
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have traveled the world and eaten in many top quality restaurants, and I have to say Sumo is one of the best hibachi grill steakhouses! We don't have to go to DC for a great dinner. I am always impressed by the fresh ingredients, and the chefs are always friendly and entertaining. The chefs are former Benihana chefs, and they are fun to watch, not to mention so skilled at cooking! The portions are generous; I always need a box for my leftovers. I love the ginger sauce! The staff are so friendly and always ready to refill our drinks and make sure we are well taken care of. The sushi is always fresh and delicious, and they don't skimp on portions. I highly recommend this place! I give the place 5 stars for value because I always have enough leftovers for a second meal.

1  Thank travelphreak2000
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We read the Trip Advisor reviews and picked this Japanese restaurant for dinner. The reviews were correct, it was great. We sat at the sushi bar; service was excellent and the staff friendly. We had a chiraschi and a Boston roll and a Japanese lasagna. All were excellent.

1  Thank MarkTwainElmira
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great restaurant to take kids, in laws, date nights for a little show. Also love their sushi with fried crab or shrimp with avocado. Or just for lunch just because. I love the shrimp box which come with grilled and fried shrimp, appetizer of fried sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli, vegetable California roll, rice, side salad. Great food, big portion, reasonable price, friendly staff. I go at least once a week.

1  Thank hongsi