“Great breakfast - great prices”

The Yorkshire Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 336 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our hotel clerk recommended this restaurant - what a great find!! Do not let the appearance fool you! The waitresses were very friendly, and the breakfast was one of the best. My husband and I each had eggs, home fries, sausage and a grilled English muffin. We went there two says in a row. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Definitely the best food and value going in Manassas for breakfast. I highly recommend the place. Really great old school diner and food.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have lived in Northern Virginia for over 24 years and have driven by this restaurant many times when I used to live in Centreville. My son and I went here to have breakfast recently and it had to be the best breakfast that I have ever had anywhere in this area. The place looks like it might be a dive. The booth we sat in had some peeling going on. No big deal. My son had the equivalent of Denny's version of the grand slam breakfast, eggs, pancakes, bacon. The pancakes are huge and so delicious. Bacon and eggs were prepared perfectly. I had the western omelette with hash browns and homemade biscuit. So, so delicious. I never make omelettes at home and I will order them out. Now the next best thing to the food is the prices. My son's breakfast $6.50 and mine $6.95. Unbelievable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great, homecooked, southern style cooking and wonderful service. This place is in a kind of seedy part of town, in a 50s style diner restaurant, but it has the best food we've had in the area. The Mrs had the fried chicken and I had the country-fried steak (smothered in white gravy, very well seasoned) and we were both delighted with our choices. ALMOST everything was home cooked: the steaks were cut there, the cole slaw was made on site, as were the fries. The only thing that came out of a can was the greenbeans (and they were honest about it!). I had vegetable soup to start and it was great. The wife had a cup of chili and that was as good as it gets. The waitress was friendly, attentive and helpful. This is an excellent place to eat.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We've lived in the area for years, and finally decided to try the place we'd seen advertised as having the "best breakfast in town." It does NOT disappoint! The worst part is trying to decide which breakfast to choose. My favorite is the corned beef hash, which is left on the griddle to form a crunchy crust. Atmosphere is extremely casual, decor is--well, there is none, except I have noticed a coat rack made out of horseshoes. It is the ultimate mom & pop country cafe. Rumor has it one of the dining rooms used to be a jail. Service is excellent--wait staff has worked there forever. Nothing fancy, just good ol' home-cooking style food piled on your plate for extremely reasonable prices, even by northern Virginia standards. Forget about calories, cholestrol and fat grams...just dig in and enjoy!