“Another Great National Park Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Manassas
More attraction details
Owner description: A 5,000-acre park that was the scene of two major Civil War battles.
Bridgewater, NJ
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Another Great National Park Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to the visitor center, watched a movie, took a tour with a volunteer and toured the museum. Movie set the pace, guide gave the details and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour of the 1st Battle of Manassas. Next we went to the farm house and took a tour with the ranger while walking the 2nd Battle of Manassas. This tour was quite engaging with facts on different individuals and what happened to them. This 2nd tour was given from farm house and both sides of battle area looking out over the other area. We really enjoyed our one day tours and recommend going for both tours to give you an idea of what really went on.

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Very Moving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I only got to visit the site of the 2nd Battle of Manassas at Brawner Farm but I was mesmerized with the walking tour. Originally not a Civil War buff, the story told by the Ranger and seeing the actual places he was talking about made everything so real and like you were actually witnessing the battle. A good visual imagination will super enhance your experience. The tour was easy enough to walk even for people who must use a cane like me. The Ranger was great! The landscape was beautiful, the farmhouse was awesome. I wish I had the time to see all of the Battlefield but from what I did see, I highly recommend this stop on your Civil War adventure. I am now a Civil War history fan. But watch out....the gift shop will get you!

Visited May 2013
Waterford
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very beautiful, peaceful and serene.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was probably my favorite place on our vacation to Washington and Gettysburg last week. This battlefield really got to me...it is so open, peaceful, the walking trails, the winding Bull Run creek, the Stone House, Henry Hill and the house there...the Stone Bridge, Chinn Ridge, the flock of deer, bunnies, wild turkeys. It was just amazing to me, and to imagine all that happened there, walk where so many brave souls fell, its almost overwhelming. I found this battlefield more profound than even Gettysburg, which I loved, but this one was just quieter, more tranquil. I could vividly imagine what it was like. Beautifully kept, time seems to have stood still, a moving tribute to those who fought and died here. An absolute must see!

NJ-NY
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Photogenic, Humbling, Great for All Ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

very enjoyable with vast open fields and rolling hills. Buffalo grass was a beautiful golden color. Was quite walkable for all including kids. Kids could easily run and be free. Do not miss the 6 min explanation of the battle inside avoid from the desk. we brought blankets and enjoyed a picnic under the trees. you will be able to stand on the hill we're Jackson got the name Stonewall Jackson. An adversary said form, form. There stands Jackson like a stone wall. No food for sale on premises. Dogs welcome except inside the museum. Bathrooms are inside and downstairs. 2-3 hours are good. Get a map from the desk clerk for three self driving tour around the park (30 miles long) Loads of cars were pouring into the nearby winery at 5pm on Fri day evening. Don't know why but looked beautiful as we drove down the drive and parking lot. Might be worth looking into it. Wendy's and a fewcfast food places just before you had into the park. Also had a number of green flies so being big spray!

67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“A walk through time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is another excellent park with the historic civil war battlegrounds. The grounds are very well kept. It is wheelchair accessible. Bring your walking shoes to be to appreciate this well displayed museum piece of American History. There are statutes, plaques explaining the "Battle of Bull Run". Maps are provide at the information Center. It is free.