“Lots of walking!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Manassas
More attraction details
Owner description: A 5,000-acre park that was the scene of two major Civil War battles.
Hartford, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Lots of walking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

This was near our hotel we stayed so my sister, her friend, and I decided to go before heading home... and I gotta say, there's a decent amount of walking to be done so do yourself a favor and wear good sneakers! We went on June 1, 2008 and it was a very hot day! I also suggest bringing a bottle of nice cold water, and definitely wear sunscreen and sunglasses. We didn't get the guided tour, but walked around instead and it was neat seeing the old buildings and stuff inside. This was my first visit to a battlefield so it was alright... I think I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't SO hot outside!

1 Thank Karascorner

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Rockwall, TX
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Thumbs up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

I gave it an above average because it was the first battlefield that I have been to. We got there after the Visitor's Center had closed so we weren't able to get any information but we did enjoy walking around. I would like to go back in a cooler time of year and earlier in the day so I could spend more time there.