“History plus great trail running! Good for Families as well”

Manassas National Battlefield Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$240.00*
and up
Private Customized Tour of Washington DC with US Veteran
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Manassas
More attraction details
Owner description: A 5,000-acre park that was the scene of two major Civil War battles.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I highly recommend everyone go to Manassas. Everyone knows about the history prior to arriving. Or at least they know what they are going to. But for me the surprise highlight was being about to walk through the battlefield on via the trails. You could literally take the same path as the confederates did from the Stone Bridge to Matthews Hill in an attempt to hold the hill. All while experiencing a great scenic walk, hike, or run. There is a number you can call from your phone to have a self guided tour or you can utilize the great knowledge of the rangers. Both are great options.

I have done this by myself and with my family and had a great time albeit different time. Kids will enjoy the nice open space to run around and explore.

Spray for ticks, wear long pants or jeans if not too hot, and check for ticks when done walking around.

Price: max $3.00 for anyone to enter.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a great site. Well laid out to explain the first battles of the civil war in July 1861. We walked the shorter trail but you could spend a lot more time walking if you wanted to. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Ok so I am reviewing the battlefields not in terms of historical value for sightseeing but in terms of hiking trails. We used the trails around and through the historical grounds as a six mile hike one weekend and I found it very enjoyable. It isn't physically challenging in terms of terrain but takes you through woods, fields and enough historical sites to keep even marginally intellectual people interested. At times the trails were a bit confusing so I recommend getting a trail map but a great walk that would accommodate varying athletic abilities. Nicely maintained nature!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The battlefield site is very simple, but with a well organized self-guided tour through the fields we learned a lot about the battles (first and second Bull Run) and the people involved. The museum as also very simple, but well done and informative. We spent about 3 hours here total and really enjoyed the learning experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a park ranger guide with our group of ACW tourists. Perhaps it was because of the rain but this guy definitely didn't want to be out in the field with us. He was very knowledgeable but his lack of enthusiasm was distracting from the information.