“The Worst Motel EVER.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Manassas/I-66

Days Inn Manassas/I-66
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7249 New Market Ct, I-66 Exit 47A & RT 234, Manassas, VA 20109-2437 (Formerly Super 8 Manassas/I-66)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Manassas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
STAUNTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Not a bad place to stay for the money. Close to everything I needed. Room had everything I needed. Bathroom could have been cleaned a little better. Staff friendly and respectful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for the Jimmy Buffett concert at Jiffy Lube Live. We booked several months in advance. We were very happy with the location as it was a quick trip to the venue. However, when we arrived, we were given a room that had some issues. The web site stated that the room would have a refrigerator. It didn't! The light fixture between the beds was broken. The pictures on the wall were nasty and there were crumbs or dirt, or something on the bedspread. When we complained, we were told that the rooms with refrigerators were extra but they would move us to a room that had one for no extra charge. Extra? Their advertisements said nothing about extra. Anyway, we grabbed our stuff and headed to the new room. We didn't even make it through the door before the stench of mildew overcame us! It was horribly strong. We went back to the desk and were given a third room that was acceptable.

What bothers me more than anything was to know that the next night was booked. Whoever got those rooms wouldn't have had a room to move to. All the other hotels in the area were booked with inflated rates. They would have been miserable in the mildew room with no where to go.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

In hindsight, I should have just slept in my car but I was traveling with my son and we were both tired so I just picked one of the closest hotels on GPS without reading the reviews.

The hotel clerk was ok. Got us checked in in less than 1 minute but didn't tell me anything about the amenities (where is breakfast served? Is there password for Internet, etc?).

Even though we got a non smoking room, the room smelled badly. It feels like the smell is in everything I brought into the room. The decor was pitiful, the beds were of the lowest quality I've seen. I think bunk bed mattresses from the 70s were more comfortable! There were two pillows on each bed but they were so beat up that they were small, like travel size pillows. The sheets were clean but the blanket and bedspread were both so worn that they were threadbare and had holes in them. The TV (tube, not flat screen) made buzzing noise so you had to turn it up louder to get over that noise. The chairs in the room were rickety like they would fall apart if you sat on them. When looking for an outlet to plug in my cell phone, I found one next to the bed but the outlet had no cover and was hanging out of the wall onto the floor.

I don't mind staying in a cheap, older hotel when it's just for a few hours sleep while traveling. But we settled in around midnight and I woke up at least 4 times between 12 and 5am. I had my alarm set for 7am but finally just gave up on sleep. The bed was SO uncomfortable!!! I didn't expect a lot for a hotel cheaper than the ones next door, but I did expect to get some rest and unfortunately did not.

The only good qualities I can list here is that the AC worked well. Old and noisy but definitely cooled the room! Also, other reviewer said it was noisy but I didn't find that in this case. Maybe because I stayed on a weeknight. Nice and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lgfrog

Travelers are raving about these Manassas hotels