“Great all around property”

Candlewood Suites Manassas
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Wembley, United Kingdom
“Great all around property”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was in Manassas on government business and this is a great all around property. Service was friendly with smiles, and the hotel was spotless. The hotel is just a little bit off the main road where all the restaurants are located but they are all just a quick drive away. The TV channel selection was good and they had a free dvd library. Most of the movies were a bit older but it was a nice feature nonetheless. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris F
cwsmanassas, Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Manassas. I'm glad you found our hotel and amenities to be very accommodating and am happy that we are one of your preferred hotels now. We have noted your comments about our DVD library and will soon add newer titles in the list. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to service you again in near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
McLean, VA
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I really liked the lay out of the studio. The nice spacious bath made the whole stay a pleasure. I loved the bulletin board in the room for posting reminders -- an excellent touch.

This is a perfect place for people to stay who don't like the food typically offered through hotels. The fridge, stove, microwave, and sink are nicely laid out for cooking up whatever you please. And the lockers for accessing blenders or other items you occasionally need make this an appealing place.

I usually stay at the Staybridge in McLean - an excellent place with many meals provided during a stay. Very convivial great room. But I think I prefer the layout of the Candlewood Suites studio more. (Both places would be perfect if they provided lighted make up mirrors (with magnifying glass) in the bathrooms.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate_Dalby
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about the staff here. They are helpful and accommodating in every way possible. Brandy, Taj and Dana are the sweetest girls. I deal with people in the customer service field often and these girls really make you feel welcome and at home. Truly some of the warmest people that I've come in contact with in a while. As for the hotel, what's not to like? It's always clean, rooms and appliances are modern. The beds are comfortable and they have all the TV channels that I like. They recently installed a "Lending Locker" that you can borrow from. It has everything from board games and cards to play with your family to crock pots or a blender or a juicer. All free of charge. Dud I mention that the washers and dryer ate free too? This definitely is my 1st choice when I stay in Manassas. Thanks girls! You really make it a wonderful experience every time I stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
York, PA
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been going to this hotel for years, but my stay last week might be the last. Someone on the first floor has many cats and the amonia smell from cat urine is nausiating. The room was clean and on the 4th floor you can't smell the first floor.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible to avoid the smell.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
cwsmanassas, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your thoughts about the Candlewood Suites. My apologies for a less than perfect stay and especially for the odor issue that you experienced at our hotel. As the General Manager, I was concerned after reading your feedback and as of now we at the hotel as a team have taken aggressive steps to resolve this issue. We hope you will consider providing us with another opportunity to provide you with the levels of service we truly pride ourselves on. Again I do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to regain your confidence in our brand.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I had forgotten how much I love staying at Candlewood suites. The only negatives to it is no hot breakfast(but you have a kitchen to make your own) and no King bed, only Queens. But I can live with that, everything else is great. Very spacious room, nice bathroom with better towels&wash cloths than you see elsewhere, flat screen TVs w/dvd players in the room, kitchen with amenities, ... It's just a great place to stay. Definitely a home away from home. And laundry is free, which is something I've never seen anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Minerva1987
Dear Minerva,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Candlewood Suites, Manassas. It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a team here at Candlewood Manassas, we try to make our guests as comfortable as possible and a feedback such as yours keeps us going. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you again in near future.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice clean rooms and bathrooms, loved the kitchen in the room and great connivence shop in the lobby. Front desk was helpful. House keeping was able to bring you extra pillows and blankets if needed. would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole C
cwsmanassas, Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, April 3, 2015
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a nice review about our hotel. I am going to share your comments with our staff. If your travel bring back to our area please let us know.

Thanks
Sushil Kumar

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed December 3, 2013

What a gorgeous hotel! I have stayed in Manassas several times and I think this is definitely the best place! Excellent rates. big beautiful modern rooms, and EXTREMELY clean! I can not stress the cleanliness enough! The entire staff is very warm and welcoming including the housekeepers to the General Manager! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business