WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Wonderfully surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bennett House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manassas
Bennett House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Manassas B&B and Inns
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Wonderfully surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a night at this wonderful B&B while touring some of the civil war battlefields in VA-MD-PA. While looking for hotels to stay in, we got the idea to stay at B&B's instead. We found the Bennett House on Trip Advisor, and thought we'd give it a go. My wife has celiac, so we were a bit nervous about the "breakfast" side of the equation. She called up to ask about having a gluten-free breakfast, and after being told it would be no problem, booked out stay.

We arrived in the afternoon and were greeted by Jean, one of the innkeeper/owners. She was very nice, showing us around the house and our room. We had the Master's Room, which included a en suite bathroom. Let me tell you, the pictures do not do it justice! What a beautiful, comfortable room, with lots of appointments like you might decorate your own home.

We slept well, the house being well off the street so almost no noise to keep you up at night. The breakfast the next morning was also quite good, and enough to make you rethink needing lunch. As promised, my wife had a very filling and tasty breakfast - and mine was very good too. Breakfast included interesting conversation with Curtis, Jean's other half.

A great place to stay - one that my wife and I wouldn't hesitate at coming back to.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SciFiMichael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Marietta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hospitality from arrival to departure was great. Jean and Curtis are a great duo. The accommodations were very comfortable and all the little touches of a five star hotel. The breakfasts were devine. Anything they could do to help was done, including giving us ponchos to use when it rained. The location was central to everything we did, but in a quiet neighborhood. We would definetly return and would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Lovely B&B in Manassas close to the old downtown. Hosts Curtis and Jean are remarkable. From the minute we arrived to our departure all our needs were met with warm and welcoming smiles as well as homebaked cookies. The 2 guest rooms are a good size as well as the bathrooms. Jean's breakfasts were AMAZING, no need for lunch. A large dining room, living room and porch are at your disposal to use, a great place to chat with the owners and other guests. The location is great for visiting Civil War sites as well as being close to Washington DC. Will be recommending this B&B to family, friends and colleges.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bucsuz
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I chose Bennett House for our 20th Wedding Anniversary and it was perfect! We would echo all the other positive reviews and Jean and Curtis are a delight to spend time with. There were many extra touches that they provided for our stay because of our anniversary. Being local Manassas residents, we will surely come back to stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JandA75
Northern VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I live locally and every once in a while I like to spoil myself and support local B&B's.
The rundown:
The Bennett House is located on a quiet street a few blocks away from Main Street which has several tasty restaurants, bars, boutiques and a farmer's market. I was greeted by Curtis where he showed me to my room "The Queen's Bedroom." It was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and I had a great view of the front yard. The room is bright however Curtis and Jean provide an eye mask should you need it. There are plush robes which I used. The bathroom is a few steps away down the hall that you do not share with the other guests. At first I thought this would be problematic but I never saw the other guests or anyone when I used it.
They provide drinks in a fridge upstairs for your use.
Jean graciously made me breakfast at the time I requested so I never ate with the other guests in the morning since I am a late sleeper but Curtis would sit with me and we exchanged stories.
Curtis was extremely welcoming and helpful. He insisted on driving me to the Main Street area even though it was only a few blocks away. Another night I was planning to walk to meet a friend for dinner and he again insisted on accompanying me half of the way. He is kind and sweet.
The Bennett House is a wonderful option to stay if you do not want the loud streets of DC. You can easily take the VRE train into the city which is a 45 minute ride. The station is just a few blocks away.
I will definitely put the Bennett house on my short list the next time I want to getaway.

Room Tip: The Queen room's bathroom is down the hall but is not shared.