“Bennett House Bed & Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bennett House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manassas
Bennett House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Manassas B&B and Inns
Prospect, Virginia
“Bennett House Bed & Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We chose the Bennett House Bed & Breakfast for an overnight stay in Manassas, VA May 4 - 5 to attend the wedding of a family member. We were warmly welcomed by our gracious innkeepers and enjoyed a fantastic stay at this historic, victorian home. The house is quite charming with lots of antiques, bright colors and lots of little touches that really make you feel at home. Beautiful azaleas, wisteria and dogwood were in full bloom making the surrounding gardens breathtaking. We were treated to a gourmet breakfast Sunday morning that included fresh fruit, french toast brulee, scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee and juice. We highly recommend this B & B and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here one night along my trip visiting Civil War battlefields. Very close of course to Bull Run (I'm from the North). I made the mistake of coming in the back door and felt bad for Jean as she was busy with housework. So don't do that; go through the front. Curtis drove me into the business area for dinner and I walked easily back. Great and hearty breakfast; more than I could eat. Curtis is a very interesting guy. He suggested I visit the Marine Corps Museum on my way South and am very glad I followed his advice. This is a 2-room B&B so very much like staying in someone's home but the owners give as much distance as you want. As I was the only person there for one night, they graciously gave me the bigger room for the smaller room rate. Advice: the GPS sends you across the street. I pulled in the wrong driveway and was obviously not 1st person to do it. Owner even moved her car for me so I could turn around.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife & I needed a place to stay on short notice in this area, looked at reviews, price, and availability & decided to go with this one. Best choice we ever made. Our overall experience was excellent. The location is in a quiet residential neighborhood, the house & grounds are well maintained, the hosts are very gracious & accommodating, the rooms are spacious & well supplied with basic amenities, & if you choose to stay here, you MUST make time to have breakfast. What we were served was unique & incomparable. We highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My daughter got reservations for me (her mother) and herself the night before her wedding. We each had our own room, and they were absolutely beautiful accommodations! On the day of her wedding, the bridal party and photographer came for pictures! Amazing setting for the pre-wedding pictures! I have to say that Jean and Curtis were THE best host and hostess! I needed a button at the last minute, and Curtis offered to take me to the fabric store nearby. I followed him instead so I could get back quickly. They were so hospitable in every sense of the word! The breakfasts were much better than any breakfast bar! They opened up their lovely house to us for the pictures. We couldn't ask for a better experience! I stayed 2 nights, my daughter stayed 1 night, and my sister stayed in her room for the 2nd night. It was perfect and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Any of the 2 main rooms are great! The master bedroom has an attached bath. The other room has the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I truly wish we could have stayed longer with Curtis and Jean at Bennett House. Our room was elegant, cozy, and quiet with perfect amenities. The towels smelled so good. We met another interesting couple over breakfast which was truly a delicious feast. We appreciated and followed the good advice for what to see and how to get there from Curtis, too. We will return whenever we can to this great location and wonderful B and B.

Room Tip: Either of the two rooms would be excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This two room B&B is so superior! I have to say "ditto, ditto" to all the other recent reviews, which are spot on. The House and accoutrements are lovely, the innkeepers are personable, friendly, and helpful. The breakfasts are fantastic. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The innkeepers have covered more little helpful details than virtually any other B&B we've stayed, and we've stayed in a lot. See the list in the review by YoYoPa. We stayed two nights for a family wedding, and couldn't have been more satisfied. Although we didn't have need of it, the train into Washington is walking distance, making this a very good base for day trips into the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller room- it's bath is private, but across the hall, but gave up nothing in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I were in Manassas April 11 - 15. We had read about the Bennett House B&B on Tripadvisor. Thus, we decided to stay there on this trip. The first thing that we noticed upon arriving was how beautiful this part of old Manassas was--quiet, lush with trees and green lawns and gorgeous flowers bloming about everywhere. Pulling down the driveway of the B&B, the pink and white azaleas popped out at us in such brillance, that we felt blessed by such a simple thing of life.

The B&B itself was a blend of all of this surrounding beauty. Curtis (along with his wife, Jean, owners of Bennett House) greeted us as we walked up onto the porch. Right away, you knew you were meeting a true southern gentleman, born and raised in the area. He bloomed with this southern way, just as the flowers were with their colors. He gave us a tour, then began helping us with suggestions of things to do and to see in this historic civil war town and the surrounding areas: the battlefields of Manassas, Monticello, the Marine Corps Museum in nearby Quantico, U. of Virginia, restaurants, etc. He was a walking guide we had all to ouselves.

We settled into our room: quaint, nicely decorated, clean, comfortable and just plain charming. The morning breakfast was always a delight. Pride is deeply taken by Curtis and Jean to make sure you get a breakfast that is as equivilant or better than you could buy at any restaurant in town. Plus, you had the charming breakfast room and their presence to make you feel right at home.

Our last night at the B&B, my wife came down with a severe intestinal virus attack which continued through the night and into the morning hours (Note: the problem had been coming on before our arrival in Manassas). Curtis was an incredible extra hand in helping us. He guided us to the ER at Manassa Hospital. He kept in touch with us as my wife was being given excellent care by the staff there. I went for a bite to eat in the cafeteria. When I got back to the main lobby of the hospital, there was Curtis, waiting to see how she was doing. All the southern gentleman stuff that us folks from the west have heard about through the years--well, Curtis is the epitome of all of that. What a fantastic gentleman he is and showed that he was.

We loved our stay in Manassas and especially at the Bennett House B&B. We will be back, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. And we give our blessings and thanks to Curtis and Jean for making our stay something we shall never forget. Thanks!!--Richard & Diana

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family