“convenient location”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
Appleton, Wisconsin
“convenient location”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great location on the way to D.C. We came from Shendoah National Park on the way to Washington and wanted to see the Manassas National Battlefield. Easy on, easy off, lots of restaurants, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Got a great deal on a quick overnight on the way to D.C. ground floor, nice patio.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MajeeSwanson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel is in a good location but was farther out than I thought. The staff was great and signed me in quick.

I'm here on a friend's and family rate and they have a separate piece of paper I had to fill out with all the information already on the sheet I presented her at check in. I didn't really appreciate that.

Breakfast is too expensive and should be free.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Brian S
Crozet, Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have stayed at this Courtyard twice in the last year, 10 months apart. Both times the service has been 5 Star!! Interestingly enough, I dealt with the exact same staff members during each of my visits.

At the front desk Edna and Shalini are always very nice and eager to make sure their guests feel like welcomed guests. It is obvious that they enjoy their jobs and I look forward to visiting with them when I stay.

Charissa works the breakfast buffet and makes a point to be sure we have everything we need. One morning she overheard me comment to my daughter that she had taken the last danish. It was close to the end of breakfast time, so I didn't think to ask if there were more. I honestly was fine without one. Charissa didn't hesitate to ask me what it was I was looking for so she could see if they had more. To me, that is taking customer service to the next level.

My only "complaints" have nothing to do with staff. Two things I would like to see improved upon are, 1) better lighting in the bathroom. It is not bright enough for putting on make up; 2) replacing the heating and air wall units with ones that aren't so loud. This is actually a problem I've noticed with almost every hotel I have stayed in on the East Coast. Another guest brought up the same issue during breakfast one morning.

Regardless of the two items above, this will continue to be my hotel of choice when staying in Manassas.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to light in the morning, be sure to request a room that doesn't face East...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is a pretty nice property. It's definitely older, but it doesn't feel that way, which was nice. Room was very clean and had nice amenities. We had a little balcony too, which was neat, as you don't see many hotels built with those nowadays. The courtyard in the middle could use some tending to and cleaning, but even in it's current state, it was nice to walk through. The pool and hot tub were great...the hot tub was nice and hot! The location is excellent with it's access to major highways and proximity to shops, restaurants, activities, etc. Front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating as well. Would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The hotel was clean and looked and felt good. We stayed for 3 nights. We enjoyed a free breakfast because we booked through Hotels.com, otherwise it is $8.95. The pool and exercise room are nice. It is easily accessable to the battlefield and any restaurants you might want. There is a Cracker Barrel you can walk to. There is a regal theater across the highway. It is right off I-66. Sudley, the road near it, has just about any restaurants and stores you might want for shopping.

Room Tip: rooms not facing Sudley road would be quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend while visiting family. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The beds are soft, which was fine for me. The room had free wireless internet, a fridge and a flat screen television. The property also has an indoor pool and whirlpool. I took advantage of the whirlpool and the pool area was clean and staffed with a lifeguard. Also for anybody who would like another breakfast choice other than the hotel breakfast buffet, there is a Cracker Barrel next door that is easy to walk to and there are plenty of restaurants across Sudley Road. Overall a great stay and a place I would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nimarsh82
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a very nice and clean hotel. The only complaint was the ot tub was turned up way to high the first couple of days we were there. We ad a suite and it was very comfortable for the family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family